Running/jogging Track In Bangkok

Jookster

Anyone know of a running/jogging track in Bangkok. Personally hate cardio machines and would much rather be outside, but is there anywhere to jog/run?

Thanks

All over the city wherever you see a space with trees becomes a jogging track morning and evening. The major parks have distances painted on the paths for runners. If you want a track I am not sure that you can get in to the National Stadium we were all running round it outside years ago, The Universities have tracks which you can get at; Thammasat near the Palace, Chulalonggorn near Siam, and Gasetsat in the North.

Edited by tgeezer

there is a nice park just next to the queen sirikit convention centre which people use for jogging.

queens park beside emporium, lumpini, the bike route parallel to sukhumvit (enttere end of soi 10) goes to lumpini. The tobacco monopoly grounds (not reccommended at night -- dogs) sirikit convention centre. Sri nakharin wirot prasanmitr university (soi23).

all the back streets from 23 on towards thonglor can be quite nice. I also like to run alongside klong san saeb when it doesn't stink. you can basically go from soi to ekkamai. I dont make it about the run, i kind of go sightseeing.

all the back streets from 23 on towards thonglor can be quite nice. I also like to run alongside klong san saeb when it doesn't stink. you can basically go from soi to ekkamai. I dont make it about the run, i kind of go sightseeing.

Which is the best soi to access klong san saeb?

BTW, they've fixed up the track at the park behind Emporium now, but it seems most of the runners don't know yet, cos numbers are way down lately, it's great, shhh :o

i usaually go in off soi 11, but soi 3, soi 1, soi 13, most all have access. it is definitely a bit of an urban obstacle course.

the university at soi 23, also has direct access as well. ithere are a few detours you have to take, but it is an interesting run.