The Kindness Of Strangers Here On Tv

GuestHouse

Yes, thank you for the excellent OP, Guesthouse.

Just reading through the responses is evidence enough that despite all the pole bashing, there are more folks here to lend a helping hand.

Most of mine has been in moral support and the opportunity to chat with people like Bendix, Robski, Terry57, DJT, Farangsay, Boon Mee, Bojangles, November Rain, and MiG.

I love the food forum, so TutsiWarrior is my champion there, along with Leisurely, ThaiGerd, Cathyv and the many other foodies that add recipes and kitchen tips. Stars, one and all.

The political and indepth debate threads have excellent contributors and debate maestros. (Agree to disagree.) Thanks to Lao Po for starting many of them.

I appreciate Macb for the dog training thread, and BambinA, sbk and NR for good pet info.

As noted above, contributors to the Ladies Forum are generous in heart, warmth and support.

Nice family here in TV, even if some of the distant cousins deserve a good thrashing now and again.

Oh, forgot to add that the chat room is a good place to forget past bickerings, and Buckwheat and Somchai are wonderful hosts.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about specific advice, rather than support. In that case, I have to extend my list. Several members have been a lot of support to me, from pm's to emails to phone calls trying to help me out & generally be good friends. The best of these have been Jet Gorgon, MiG16, Little Black Duck and Terry57, but lots of others too. Thanks, guys! :o

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... :o maybe I got the point wrong again, NR...and I also forgot to say how much I appreciate Suegha.

Endure is proving to show his/her excellent dry wit lately.

OK, I gotta go figure out which bbq rib sauce to make and hope the other clan doesn't torture me if I pick the other one. Oh, you gotta do the food threads to understand what I am saying...

In over three years I've been posting on TV there's been a heap of folks helping this farang with a multitude of questions - a list too long to get into here but would like to mention one Mod who has always been of specific aid with my Thai language questions:

Meadish Sweetball - a real gentleman. :o

Edited by Boon Mee

If you want to see a fine example of real and genuine kindness of strangers here on the forum then you need to look no further than here.

Kan Win

Acquiesce

I was taken aback by your post. :o

I, thank you for taking your time out and finding my post and re-posting it. :D

ThaiVisaDotCom is what it should be, to help each and every Member "no matter the banter that we give too each other whilst being to this forum" :D, we should Help each other.

If you want to see a fine example of real and genuine kindness of strangers here on the forum then you need to look no further than here.

Kan Win

Agree with the posters on that thread - extraordinary story - it was Real and it did happen :bah:

Sawadee :D

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :bah:

I read this post (and followed it through). :D

I shall never again begrudge your smiley consumption. :D

Please take all you need. :D and welcome :o to ThaiVisaDotCom :D

Sawadee :bah:

Yours truly, :bah:

Kan Win :o

I honestly can't remember all of them Guesthouse, Dr Patpong just to name a couple.

There has been much definitive clear and correct information on land ownership and visas provided that could have cost a lot of time and money to get elsewhere.

Thanks to anyone else I forgot to mention.

The assets of the board definitely out weigh the liabilities.

Good Health,

Pepe

Directly or indirectly, I have recieved a wealth of information from this site from too many members to name. I think the majority of us here have good intentions and want to share our knowledge and experience with everyone else. Obviously, there are many who put in the extra effort and go the extra mile to research or type long explanations/ insights to a particular topic. I cannot include myself as I mostly come here and gather information on many, many subjects and have been personally helped out as well.

I'd like to thank everyone for their input and to encourage you guys to keep it up. :o

There are more members here who have helped me than I can remember, and I am grateful to all of you - here's a list of people whose advice has been really helpful to me, off the bat:

tywais, p1p, sabaijai, Bambina, Dr_PP, lopburi3, Ajarn, Chanchao, KanWin, cdnvic, yoot, sbk, Jai Dee, tuky, Sheryl, Rikker, aanon, ITR, RDN, stumonster, TAWP...

...and George gets the big mention for putting in the nitty gritty every day so that the forum can exist. :D

Thanks for the mention, BoonMee (the check is in the mail :o)

Several others deserve a mention, too. If you think you do, hope you'll feel included even though your nick isn't.

I have been around Thailand for the last 10 yrs and only after the last 6 month after joining TV have I been informed of whats really going on in LOS its also good when I realise how other people have approached many of the same problem I have had

Thanx guys

Much the same boat. Been in LOS six & a bit years & only found thai visa a few months ago. Before that I was just going everything alone. No one to bounce ideas off. Been very good reading. Occasionaly get some really fresh points of view when posting on a topic.

As I have posted before, I like to learn from other peoples mistakes - especially business ones, & part of my redemtion is posting my own mistakes for others to see, or answering questions which fit into my specific sphere of knowledge (not much!!!!).

Cheers,

Soundman.

Having just recently negotiated the learning curve, I can now endorse all this praise for TV. A new poster has to learn to understand the alternative notions of humour and read between the lines. Newbies should not be put off by being ignored at first and - most important - remember there's a PM facility for ironing things out in the event of personality clashes. Respect to the board for their fair and diligent efforts in separating the warring factions. :o

I have found this place a mine of information and amusement.

I would have to give credit to George and the admin team for creating the place and the moderator team for keeping it a useful place rather than a name calling venue.

I would like to give the oft maligned Terry57 a special thank you.

As most will know Terry is a fireman. A couple of weeks ago Terry agreed to show my son (6) and I through the fire station he works in. We agreed to make it the recent long weekend. Due to work commitments he was busy Sat and Sunday :D . On the holiday Monday he rang me and arranged to meet at the station after his crew finished at a bush fire they were dealing with at the time.

After spending most of the day with temps over 40C, fighting a bush fire, Terry spent 2 hours showing my son and I around the station. Jr got to climb over all the trucks and even got to use one of the hoses, one passing car got a free wash as a result :o . When we saw the news footage of Fremantle's National Hotel burning this Monday, Jr's first reaction was "Was Terry there?"

I would have to give credit to George and the admin team for creating the place and the moderator team for keeping it a useful place rather than a name calling venue.

As most will know Terry is a fireman. A couple of weeks ago Terry agreed to show my son (6) and I through the fire station he works in. We agreed to make it the recent long weekend. Due to work commitments he was busy Sat and Sunday :D . On the holiday Monday he rang me and arranged to meet at the station after his crew finished at a bush fire they were dealing with at the time.

After spending most of the day with temps over 40C, fighting a bush fire, Terry spent 2 hours showing my son and I around the station. Jr got to climb over all the trucks and even got to use one of the hoses, one passing car got a free wash as a result :o . When we saw the news footage of Fremantle's National Hotel burning this Monday, Jr's first reaction was "Was Terry there?"

Good post Mr C

On that note I would also like to thank Terry for introducing me to the katoy 10 at Gecko hall in Rambuttri parish and leading me the way of the Rambuttri 'soi dog' ... thankyou Terry ! :D

I would like to personally thank Mt J ... AKA Jayenram for not only giving me the recipe for onion bhajiis but also for the yellow sauce that goes wth it ... superb cooking day that was ! :D

Edited by davidjtayler

To echo Meadish... there are more members here who have helped me than I can remember, and I am grateful to each and every one of you.

:o

When I travel throughout Thailand I usually make a point of trying to meet in person some of the local ThaiVisa members... all have been pleasant and genuine people.

One especially helpful member is celebrating her birthday today... BambinA. I've had the pleasure of meeting Bambi... and a nicer person you would not likely to meet anywhere in the world. One of the most helpful members of the Forum.

Is it just me, or is there are new rule on Thaivisa that every thread - once it reaches four pages - has to turn into a discussion about terry57?

thats a very good question bendix, and i was wondering about that myself. :o

you know what they say, its better to be talked about than ignored, so i suppose ive had a win in that department. :D

must be my engaging personality and good looks that provokes people to comment about me. :D

cheers bendix :D

Good post Mr C

On that note I would also like to thank Terry for introducing me to the katoy 10 at Gecko hall in Rambuttri parish and leading me the way of the Rambuttri 'soi dog' ... thankyou Terry ! :D

I would like to personally thank Mt J ... AKA Jayenram for not only giving me the recipe for onion bhajiis but also for the yellow sauce that goes wth it ... superb cooking day that was ! :bah:

an open letter to all worshippers,

due to the success of the katoey ten, gecko hall on rambuttri st has become to small and needs to expand.

effective immediately, all worshipping will take place in dave's internet shop near koh san road and free towers of parish wine will be the opening give away. :D

friar dave will meet all parish members personally and give a special one off introduction to the katoey 10. :bah:

thank you very much FRIAR dave. :D

Is it just me, or is there are new rule on Thaivisa that every thread - once it reaches four pages - has to turn into a discussion about terry57?

No, but we are due a currency exchange update and a witty comment from Steveromanginio

Thoughts for the Day ... if you can't repay the help you've received, pass it on to somebody else instead !

Keep on recommending ThaiVisa.com to newbies ... whenever and wherever you meet them. :o

And thanks to George for getting it all rolling. What a Star Player ! :D