Videos: Thai police "showing no mercy" in battle against teen motorcycle racers

webfact

Videos: Thai police "showing no mercy" in battle against teen motorcycle racers

1pm.jpg
Caption: The hunt is on.....Not so cocky now then?

Daily News reveled in police videos that showed 30 motorcycle street racers being rounded up in Hat Yai in the South of Thailand. 

The media said that law abiding road users were fed up with the gang terrorizing the roads. 

It was great that the police were showing no mercy and confiscating their bikes, they said. 

Thirty two vehicles were impounded between 4 am and 6 am.

Some racers pleaded: "Please don't arrest me!"

One video showed a high speed race and arrest through the streets.

Another showed a local officer saying that this was just the start - the crackdown would continue until the job was done. 

Daily News has been mounting a campaign to improve the Thai roads in recent years, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-20

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

The media said that law abiding road users were fed up with the gang terrorizing the roads. 

Law abiding road users???  And where did they manage to find one of those? 

It's a nationwide problem, so fair play to the cops in Hat Yai. Now all we need is for the cops to crack down on it everywhere. I saw the aftermath one evening of a group of these racers when one of the lead bikes lost control and the rest ploughed in. Ambulances and bits of bike as far as the eye could see.

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

the crackdown would continue until the job was done. 

Great that they're giving these teens an earful, but don't forget the adults racing with their Fortuners. There are street races on every road in Thailand, 24/7. Takes a little bit more than a crackdown.

The policeman placed his life in danger. Wouldn’t it be better to track down the owner of the racing motorbike with the license plate number. 

(btw I would have beat the tum-yum soup out of the kid.) 

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

Suprised the cops didn't kill the lady backing toward them saying she was threating. The police in the states are out of control killing people who are unarmed, walking away from them or any other excuse they can come up with. California has one of the highest death by cop rates in the country. As far as the Thai cop chasing the guy on the bike why put yourself and others in danger with a high speed chase for what racing. More than likely they know everyone of these clowns and can go arrest them

did you watch the video?

5 hours ago, toenail said:

The policeman placed his life in danger. Wouldn’t it be better to track down the owner of the racing motorbike with the license plate number.

That's assuming the license plate actually leads anywhere - which it might not. Should've just whack him across the head with that stick and send him flying into a ditch. No helmet no problem.

And about time Thai police actually does some real policing. Hopefully they do more of that!

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They never learn....crush the offenders bikes, no arguments, just crush them and if they get another bike crush that too.  There is no point confiscating bikes and then giving them back once a fine is paid.

There are some Thai who have had enough of these ignorant kids. I have a BIL who said they need to crush the bikes, break one leg, cuff them to the remains and make them drag it to the nearest scrap dealer. His daughter and grandson were injured by one of these clowns. I have sympathy for his suggestion. 

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They never learn....crush the offenders bikes, no arguments, just crush them and if they get another bike crush that too.  There is no point confiscating bikes and then giving them back once a fine is paid.

Ditto... price them off the road just crush them.

They will never crush the bikes or impound them until illegal parts removed as they are a revenue stream to be exploited week after week. 

They get fined, the bikes are returned, next week the kids race again, get stopped, rinse and repeat.

Glad to see the police takibg affirmative action. Now if the Pattaya/Jomtien coppers would do likewise on Thappraya/Thepprasit Roads. Lots of bike racers all day and into the night. I'm waiting for the next big crash.

A step in the right direction but why not go the whole way as I have just witnessed in Rangoon (Yangon) in Burma (Myanmar). There is a complete BAN on motorcycles in the city, except for those used by the police themselves. You cannot even purchase a motorcycle in Rangoon as there are NO SHOWROOMS. What a pleasure throughout the day and night - no revving engines! People walk, use public transport, cars/commercial vehicles, commuter trains, taxis or bicycles/tricycles. Thank you Rangoon city authorities for making my holiday so pleasurable.

Archived