Nissan Almera Immobiliser Issues

I was just wondering if this is just me, or are any other Nissan car owners having the same problem - is it just luck, a Nissan defect or a more sinister programming ploy to generate money (surely not!). 

The problem relates to the automatic ignition immobiliser. One day you go to your car, and it is completely irresponsive to your auotomatic key. The gear column is locked and you are cannot go anywhere. A quick call to Nissan and they sent out a team of technicians who plug your car into their laptop and 3.300 B later you are good to go. This is the second time this has happened. No explanation as to why it happen, no prevention seemingly available.

My car is out of warranty, coincidentally the first time it happened it was out by just 2 months!

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't think Nissan would want that sort of issue with any of their rides..

Did they change the key fob battery..?

It isn't the key battery, it seems to be in the car computer where the issue is. I don't really understand how these work but when I google it it seems other Nissans have had the issue too - although none with my model and mainly in the USA.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps you should be making enquiries on how to immobilise your immobiliser.

I'll ask around my car thief friends. As mad as it sounds, I'd be happy with that if it was going to save this recurring.

Seriously, there are videos on YouTube  on how to disable the i-Stop function on Mazda's. It drives me nuts, because the engine immediately restarts due to the power demand from the air conditioner. Mazda designers didn't take account of their cars in Thailand being somewhat hot if the aircon isn't used.

Archived