Aussie Dollar

keith101

Its good to see now that the election is over and some stability has returned to the Government (not mine I am 110% Labour) that the Aussie Dollar has started to recover and is making an upward trend at least for now . One can only hope that this continues and heads back above 23-24 tbh and make things a little easier for us pensioners .

On 5/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, keith101 said:

One can only hope that this continues and heads back above 23-24 tbh and make things a little easier for us pensioners .

A good few days post election and it's still only getting 21.xx. 23 feels like a long way away!

It wont last just a blip as usual. next month the Us or the brits will announce a drop in employment rates and the OZ dollar will for no apparent reason fall to its knees again. 

AS the saying goes when the world sneezes the oz dollar gets the flu

3 hours ago, madmen said:

It wont last just a blip as usual. next month the Us or the brits will announce a drop in employment rates and the OZ dollar will for no apparent reason fall to its knees again. 

AS the saying goes when the world sneezes the oz dollar gets the flu

No surprise as Oz is primarily a commodities export economy

https://anz.businesschief.com/leadership/3663/Australias-top-10-exports

I transferred 20k the day before the election, not giving it any thought, got 21.70 to the $ a week later I transferred the same amount 21.85 go figure, cost myself 3,000 baht off the cuff, suffice to say, one should pay attention to what's happening on the home front more often, as for labor not getting in, I have to say being a Labor supporter all of my life, they deserved to lose, I mean just have a look at who would be governing the country, they would be throwing money away as if it was a spending spree.

Glad Shorten is gone and Albanese is the new opposition leader, just hope he can steer the ship more to the centre left as Hawke did back in the 80's, need I say he was the greatest Prime Minister that Labor ever put forward, RIP.

Archived