Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

webfact

Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

5pm.jpg

A road rage incident caught on a dash cam reached the Thai national TV news after it was posted on Facebook.

Bird Tanapeerakoon was driving along a road when a BMW X1 came out of a soi and cut across several lanes of traffic even impeding his progress in the third lane. 

Bird hooted his horn but that only served to enrage Mr BMW. 

He chased him down and then cut in front of him, stopped his car and emerged to confront him.

Bird was complaining about his appalling driving - especially as he had a child in his car. 

While Mr BMW countered that Bird was the one who was driving badly. 

As his wife protested he even told Bird: "You have no common sense".

The story was featured on TNA MCOT on television. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-22

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is absolutely no question that the BMW idiot is at fault. Not that he'd see it the same way, because like so many "big car" owners he appears to be a self-entitled pr**k who can do no wrong. Book him, suspend his license for six months, slap him with a hefty fine and even charge him with illegally blocking a traffic lane and verbally abusing another motorist. I know, it's not going to happen, but it really should.

bmw failed to give right of way  and came out way too far to turn, he is totally at fault, I had exactly the same thing done to me, hit the horn as I barely missed hoim then he chased me and while I was turning into to get fuel cut across the front of me and I almost t boned him, He didnt move till I got out of my car and bashed his side window and said a few choice words, he realized I was bigger than him and pretty pi**ed off & he took off, Unfortunately many thais cant handle loss of face by being in the wrong so have to try to show how big their dicks are, tends to fall flat when they come up against someone that is more than ready to sort them out

1 hour ago, MaxLee said:

Lock this <deleted> up, trash his car into the auto junkyard, throw away the keys and let him serve in jail for 100 years

WOW! From which countries book of law did you pick up this sentence?

Well there are a variety of issues here.  Firstly the BMW exited the soi, not into the nearside lane and then increased his speed which would then allow a safe filter across the other lanes, rather he drove straight out,with poor car control to actually swerve slightly back to the middle lane. He was in the main the poor driver.

However, secondly, the vehicle with the cam sounds like an old tractor so judging by the stupid selection of dials stuck on the dashboard it would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. So whilst the BMW I would apportion 60% of the fault to the other 40% must lie with the other driver for driving to fast and not paying sufficient attention as he should have seen the exiting BMW sooner to allow him to take a smoother line of avoidance.

Punishment should be a Wai and give the local Monk a few baht for the BMW driver and for the pick-up driver, confiscate his pick-up until he fits a legal exhaust. Next case.  ????

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads ????,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

A Thai driver gave me the finger yesterday. Obliviously another idiot? I was merging into a stationary U turn lane when he decided there was enough room to squeeze by thus leaving me out to dry. I inched forward a then he inched forward. Eventual to break the stalemate I opened my drivers door thus impeding his forward progress. he honked his horn so i opened the door wider.  So when the traffic started i merged as planned. he then decided he didn't want to U turn after all and passed me giving me the finger. 

Old age and treachery will always defeat youth and enthusiasm!

Unfortunately a lot of these road rage videos would seem to validate this sort of childish selfish road behavior, especially if Khun Somchai's car is considered "hi-so". What ever happened to "jai yen yen"? 

Me Me Me 

Me First 

Do You Know Who I am??? 

BMW driver deserved a good slap.

A proper beating.

A real good punch in the mouth.

No respect, bad manners, rude.

Not for his initial mistake, but the chasing down of the driver who used his horn, and then cutting him up.

The BMW driver is a moron. Appalling driving, should get booked for it retrospectively as the cops surely now have enough grounds and reason to haul the idiot in, won't hold my breath though

its that idea of crossing all possible lanes from u-turn or side street that turned me off driving on sukumvit altogether.

also blaiming the car with dashcam for speed is moot because it falls upon the guy that didnt have right of way, the bmw driver, to judge speed on incoming traffic, if he can proceed into a new lane or not

Anyone speaking bad about this BMW driver should be ashamed of themselves

He is already suffering from the fact his car is the cheapest in the range :whistling:

Then again just shoot him, the family will thank you

5 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

No damage so what's the big deal? 

That said, it's just a matter of time before the BMW is involved in some accident.

he thought the other guy was at fault, which indicates,

delusion, schizophrenia, and psychosis 

Turning right into a small soi from a main road, coming out from a small soi and crossing 2 lanes in each directions, turning left from the right hand lane, sudden u turn in front of another car, stopping mid traffic to pick up/drop kids of deliveries, no signaling when turning and many other road driving annoyance and sometimes downright dangerous and not a police in sight, they're there though, but in a strategic spot to stop and fine you...    

BMW driver 100% in the wrong with a very dangerous manoeuvre. 

Then saving face made a complete tool of himself. 

He he should be taken off the road. The driver of the cam car would have been within his moral rights to knock him out, take his keys, throw them in the hedge & drive off... 

I hope the Police see this video and charge the BMW driver with dangerous driving, but instead fear the best we may see is a wai & apology. 

He chased him down and then cut in front of him, stopped his car and emerged to confront him.

What is it about this behavior that can be deemed irrational?

Sounds like a few of the guys in the US that drive pickup trucks that I've come across.

Archived