Does my 400,000 baht bank statement need to be dated the same date as my application?

Topic.

This might sound a bit daft, but I've had 400000 baht in my Thai bank for over 2 months now. My bank can be difficult to get to and takes a long time to wait in queue. It's a real pain all-around, tbh. 

Can I get my bank statement printed the day before I apply for my visa, or will Thai Immigration only take a bank statement from the same day I apply? 

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Sadly, this office does want a bank letter and bank book update.

UPDATE: I was just informed by the immigration officer that the bank statement could be from the previous day (maximum One day previous to date of visa application) but the bank book update had to from the day of the visa application. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices only want to see your bank book updated. Not many want a bank statement.

Some offices also want the bank letter done on the same day you apply.

Chiang Mai insisted on both letter and bank book update done on the day of application. Don't remember them wanting a statement, which I never got from Bangkok Bank in all my years of banking with them.

It was very convenient when immigration was in the shopping mall, as I only had to walk across the building to the bank. It's a lot further to Central, now that it's returned to the old location.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Chiang Mai insisted on both letter and bank book update done on the day of application. Don't remember them wanting a statement, which I never got from Bangkok Bank in all my years of banking with them.

It was very convenient when immigration was in the shopping mall, as I only had to walk across the building to the bank. It's a lot further to Central, now that it's returned to the old location.

I never ever have on the same day for CM. Only the bank book updated by machine same day. Is this s new thing? 

3 hours ago, johng said:

Jomtien want  the letter/statement same day  and a transaction shown in the bank book same day.

Jomtien Office

I did my Extension based on retirement on the 15th May the officer said he would accept a bank Letter and statement valid for three days. My Bank is only in Bangkok does not have a Bank Book. 

When I went beforehand the week before the same officer said it was only valid for one day ie Get the letter today and its still good for the next day.

T.I.T always check beforehand and then use the same officer.

15 hours ago, INANIMATECARBONROD said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Sadly, this office does want a bank letter and bank book update.

UPDATE: I was just informed by the immigration officer that the bank statement could be from the previous day (maximum One day previous to date of visa application) but the bank book update had to from the day of the visa application. 

and some want

a bank book update (same day)

bank letter

bank statement for the last 3 months and if you are lucky, they will ask for 6 months

16 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

hua hin this week bank letter and book update from day before

not intentionally, bangkok bank now do letter while i waited rather than pick up the day after

It must depend on the officer.....In Hua Hin last November to renew marriage extension, officer wanted a raft more papers re house etc. that was never needed for previous three renewals. I had letter and bank book update from the day before ( SCB Bank, did it while I waited ), So, I get all extra papers and go back next morning........now, bank letter and book update are two days old. She accepted the Bank letter, telling me that is ok for up to five days, but I had to go and update bank book again........only valid for one day...........I was a good boy, and did not lose my rag once !!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices only want to see your bank book updated. Not many want a bank statement.

Some offices also want the bank letter done on the same day you apply.

Technically speaking the bank cannot give you a statment dated the same day, reason you could withdraw the funds later that day, this is for legal reasons. A statment may be given the day before, but as Joe said a withdrawal or deposit on that day is what most immigration offices look for. If you go in with a statment two weeks old and no bankbook update forget it. 

Phuket requires updated bank bank book and bank statement with certificate no more then 7 days old as it should be.

But all balances (bank book, bank statement and certificate) have t be the same and it is recommended to get those papers as late as possible.

(preferable the day before the application)

Same old all over the map answers from every which office and officer. Totally inconsistent and incompetent even with their own rules. 

What is consistent...

They really do not trust us devious ne'er-do-wells at all! 

• Like 1