Legitimisation of Parenthood ; Upon Applicant submitting the required documentation to Amphur Office,- how long to get the Certificate ?

Re ;

"LEGITIMISATION OF PARENTHOOD" THROUGH AMPHUR OFFICE PROCESS ;

NOT Court Process

Thai Child of Parent is older than 7 Years

Dear Fellow Thaivisa.com Posters,

I would be grateful for your earliest kind authoritative answers to the following question ;

Upon Applicant [ Parent who is NOT YET legitimised as Parent ] submitting the required documentation to Amphur Office for Legitimisation of Parenthood,- what is the duration to get the Confirmation / Certificate ?

Thanking yee all in advance,

Our man in the tropics.

Greetings, @ubonjoe I had a daughter born in Pattaya in 2011, I have since split up with the mother and the previous family to the point it has gotten violent, brutal and I have a court summon in less than 10 days, as far as I understand things; as a foreigner father without the legitimization at the Amphoe, there is very little I can do.

However I am in possession of the following documents, please tell me whether this should help or should it suffice to legitimize my parenthood? Thanks. (The idea behind it is to go to court and get at least 50% of the parentship so she can stay with me half of the time).

The documents I own:

- My passport.

- The mother's passport (Thai citizenship valid until 2020).

- The daughter's passport (Thai citizenship expired last year).

- The mother's birth certificate.

- The daughter's birth certificate. (My name is clearly listed on it, translated in Thai, accurate translation, also my daughter has my family name).

- The tabian baan where all the names appear, my daughter, the ex-gf and I am listed/registered as father.

However: During mid-2018 I have been told by the police the mother went to an Amphoe in Issan region and subsquently removed herself and the daughter from it, thus rendering the tabian baan as "empty", on paper it shows as normal, if checked against their database it shows as "no one living at that address", which might prove to be troublesome if verified throughly.

Please tell me whether this is enough to "get things moving".

Also, to the best of my knowledge despite the daughter just turning 8 years old today, she still doesn't have her first ID card yet and given the circumstances, it is impossible for me to get to the Amphoe or the City Hall with either the mother or the kid.

Thank you for your time.

10 hours ago, tcp7 said:

Greetings, @ubonjoe I had a daughter born in Pattaya in 2011, I have since split up with the mother and the previous family to the point it has gotten violent, brutal and I have a court summon in less than 10 days, as far as I understand things; as a foreigner father without the legitimization at the Amphoe, there is very little I can do.

I your daughter living with you? 

You might have enough documents to legitimize your parenthood but without the mothers support it will be very difficult.

In a case where the mother has not been taking care of a child proof of abandonment can help in many cases.

I suggest you do a post on the Family and children forum explaining your problem.

Is ur last name the same as her last name on the BC? Is ur daughter living with you?
if not have you documented your support for her?

You need hire a lawyer and go to family court, Thats what i did and got sole support

Never had any paper from any Amphoe and no idea what that gives you.

The court takes the best interest of the child an does not always side with the thai mom.

Edited by phuketrichard

On 5/26/2019 at 7:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

I your daughter living with you? 

You might have enough documents to legitimize your parenthood but without the mothers support it will be very difficult.

In a case where the mother has not been taking care of a child proof of abandonment can help in many cases.

I suggest you do a post on the Family and children forum explaining your problem.

No the daughter is living with her mother, haven't seen her in a year, the wife prevents me from having any contacts with her and then fills her head with all kinds of nasty shit "your father abandoned you, he doesn't love you, he doesn't care about you" etc.