Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Woman's "near death experience" after centipede bite in Korat

webfact

Woman's "near death experience" after centipede bite in Korat

2pm.jpg

Caption: It came with the rainy season

A woman who was bitten by a large centipede - takhap in Thai - has warned people about the creatures during the rainy season. 

Sanook said that Lamun, 59, nearly died after suffering an allergic reaction to the creature that bit her on the leg while she was clearing undergrowth near her home. 

Villagers in Makha in Nong Rawiang sub-district of Muang, Nakorn Ratchasima rushed Lamun to hospital at Suranaree Fort after she started vomiting and suffered severe swelling. 

She warned people about being bitten by the creatures in the rainy season. 

Thaivisa notes that "takhap" bites are rarely fatal though they can be extremely painful. A person died from a bite a few weeks back but as with creatures such as bees it was probably as a result of an allergic reaction. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-27

I got "bit" by a centipede in Hawaii and it wasn't the bite that hospitalized but something on the centipede got into my system and caused a massive infection to my leg. 5 days of IV drips and $20,000 later I was fine.

56 minutes ago, faraday said:

What would be the immediate treatment post bite, & what is done in the Hospital?

None.  They are not venomous or dangerous for a typical healthy adult human.... but they hurt like hell!!!

If you are of ill health, very young or elderly its best to go to hospital.. but most usually all is requires is antibiotics as a precaution about infection at the site of the bite.  

I have seen magpie robins attack and kill them, but they seem to play with them rather than eat them. Probably the same as cats will catch shrews but not eat them. Unpleasant tasting chemicals in the body.

Archived