Chinese tourist injured as suspects snatch bag in Rawai, Phuket – VIDEO

Jonathan Fairfield

Chinese tourist injured as suspects snatch bag in Rawai, Phuket – VIDEO

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

tg1.jpg

Suspects have now been rounded up and are in custody after allegedly snatching a bag from a Chinese tourist who was walking in Rawai, south of Phuket, last week. The Chinese tourist was injured in the fracas.

The Chalong Police were notified of the incident on a road near Rawai beach last week. As the tourist was walking along the road two suspects on a motorbike approached her. They snatched the bag from the Chinese tourist and then sped away. The Chinese tourist was injured trying to resist her bag being snatched.

Inside her bag was 1,600 baht cash, passport and credit cards. The suspects are now in custody.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/chinese-tourist-injured-as-suspects-snatch-bag-in-rawai-phuket-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-28
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The great Thainess is showing up again. Never mind about the person as long as I get a few baht that ain´t mine.

Nothing to do with Thainess.

Just check online for bag snatching all over the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I remember some years ago around Sai Yuan there was a spate of robberies in low season I have a feeling this is going to be a very low season 

Yup, the pillaging should be commencing soon. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Chinese tourist was injured trying to resist her bag being snatched.

Absolutely nothing in the video shows her trying to resist, they grab the sleeve of her top whilst trying to get the bag and drag her to the ground.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Too bad this is about Thailand but keep up your thai apologist nonsense and honestly I don't think tourist are injured or killed in numbers that can be seen in Thailand - very dangerous "tourist destination" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimSaints said:

Too bad this is about Thailand but keep up your thai apologist nonsense and honestly I don't think tourist are injured or killed in numbers that can be seen in Thailand - very dangerous "tourist destination" 

As I said, nothing to do with Thainess.

The rest of your post does not deserve an answer.

I certainly hope the police realize these guys have been at this for some time now, maybe hundreds of such bag snatches, because as anyone on a motorcycle knows, try to grab something from a moving bike, and the bike falls first.

31 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I certainly hope the police realize these guys have been at this for some time now, maybe hundreds of such bag snatches, because as anyone on a motorcycle knows, try to grab something from a moving bike, and the bike falls first.

Have they? I haven't heard this yet.

43 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

PLEASE LOCK OUT THE VIDEO, which they have done.... DONT UPSET the Chinese.... laughing stock of the w@@@d

Just click on the video in the op, the one below the text, and you'll see it is not locked out.

56 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

PLEASE LOCK OUT THE VIDEO, which they have done.... DONT UPSET the Chinese.... laughing stock of the w@@@d

It happens all the time in China.

In fact she probably let her guard down because she was outside China.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, stevenl said:

It has everything to do with Thainess.

Yes there are other countries in competition with Thailand in demonstrating absence of ethics, absence of moral values, absence of responsibility, absence of care for others, absence of respect for laws.

But Thailand is a prize winner in some of these fields. Just drive down any road...

Difficult not to point it out for people who come from farang countries, where the system in place makes it that most people are made to follow rules for living in society.

The word 'Thainess' will disappear when Thai people cease to provide all the reasons for others to use that word....

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

It has everything to do with Thainess.

Yes there are other countries in competition with Thailand in demonstrating absence of ethics, absence of moral values, absence of responsibility, absence of care for others, absence of respect for laws.

But Thailand is a prize winner in some of these fields. Just drive down any road...

Difficult not to point it out for people who come from farang countries, where the system in place makes it that most people are made to follow rules for living in society.

The word 'Thainess' will disappear when Thai people cease to provide all the reasons for others to use that word....

So bagsnatching is caused by thainess.

Must be the most exported product ever then.

On 5/29/2019 at 4:20 AM, nahkit said:

Absolutely nothing in the video shows her trying to resist, they grab the sleeve of her top whilst trying to get the bag and drag her to the ground.

Doesn't matter, the bag belonged to the tourist. These punks should be punished with a couple of years behind bars.

• Confused 1