Get Ready! Bangkok set to have 30 "red light" intersection cameras by July, traffic police

webfact

On 5/30/2019 at 10:06 AM, ezzra said:

How is it any different than the millions of unpaid fines sitting in some archives gathering dust ? (over the years, yours truly has a couple somewhere) how an infringement notice with a picture of your car will compel people that didn't bother to pay will pay now...

They are now implementing a data base,when you apply for the new road tax,no sticker until you pay the fines. incidentally are the ticket also printed in English ? 

On 5/31/2019 at 3:58 AM, Galactus said:

this system also catches motorists illegally changing lanes or even motorbikes passing from overpasses etc.

not only for red lights of course.

And no doubt there will soon be a new Thai invention where the CCTV can determine potential brake failures waiting to happen ????

So will this mean drivers will actually move on a green light? instead of waiting in case some one jumps the lights i presume that's why they are so slow to move     i'm normally 100 mt down the road before they move off.

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So will this mean drivers will actually move on a green light? instead of waiting in case some one jumps the lights i presume that's why they are so slow to move     i'm normally 100 mt down the road before they move off.

That's normally because they are playing with their phones. see it constantly. Most of them are are as unaware of what is going on around them as a house brick. 

38 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And no doubt there will soon be a new Thai invention where the CCTV can determine potential brake failures waiting to happen ????

I think the weak link is the slow internet connection between the CCTV and the operator monitoring such a system. For some reason I get the impression it could be measured in weeks?

Archived