My money disappeared and I can't even remember the ATM pin number!

webfact

My money disappeared and I can't even remember the ATM pin number!

4pm.jpg

Caption: My money just disappeared!

A factory worker in Rayong told police that 9,000 baht had simply disappeared from his emergency bank account. 

The bank told him that it had been withdrawn in two withdrawals using his ATM card last year. 

He told them that it couldn't have been him - he doesn't even remember the pin number.

Thawai, 42, who works at the big industrial estate in the province said he went to withdraw money and found there was only 1,054 in the account.

The bank pointed out that two withdrawals were made via ATM - 5,000 baht on 21st February 2018 and 4,000 baht on 21st March. These were listed in his bankbook.

When he said he hadn't taken out the money the bank advised him to report the matter to the police. 

Capt Sitthidech Wasombat of the Huay Pong, Rayong constabulary took the complaint. 

Source: Sanook

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

he went to withdraw money and found there was only 1,054 in the account.

The bank pointed out that two withdrawals were made via ATM - 5,000 baht on 21st February 2018 and 4,000 baht on 21st March.

Obviously not a big spender, or he's living off his wife.

Golden rule with Thai banks :

'Parked' money always in an account with NO (as in never had) an ATM card

On-line draw down to operating account with ATM card as required

If us dopey Farang Baa know this then why not the indigenous peeps?

On 5/30/2019 at 5:14 AM, webfact said:

The bank pointed out that two withdrawals were made via ATM - 5,000 baht on 21st February 2018 and 4,000 baht on 21st March.

...the withdrawals were made for more than one year ago. so obviously my question is: for one year, he never checked his emergency bank account?

Archived