Can my parents be a sponsor for my Thai gf for uk visitors visa

Is it possible for my parents to be the sponsor for my Thai gf to visit uk on a tourist visa . 

Also is it possible to have two sponsors incase  my bank balance is not enough to show sufficient money . I work and have money going into my account every week but with me travelling a lot my money doesn’t stay in the bank long ,but I have payslips for years showing about £800 weeekly .by the time I will apply for the visa I will have savings approx £3000-£5000 would these be enough or like above can I add my parents as a second sponsor ? 

Tom, from your post, I am assuming that you are young, in love, and anxious to please your Thai (fairly new) gf.

Taking her home would not be a wise decision right now, imho.

There are plenty of countries where you could take her, closer, more economical, and would provide her with the wonder and amazement that may required for her to fall more "in love" with you, including Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Russia, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, etc. if that is your intention.

If I am wrong with my assumptions, and you have been with her for a long time, then yes, you could add whomever you want as additional sponsors, but if things go wrong, you will have to suffer the very long-lasting consequences.

There isn’t actually a tourist visa. There is a standard visit visa which is granted for 6 months.

As you mention “tourist” it suggests that you are intending to take your GF for a holiday. How long for? That will determine the amounts you need to evidence to finance the trip.

The two main criteria are to evidence a genuine relationship/reason to visit and reasons for your GF to return to Thailand.

More information about your circumstances are needed to establish your situation- for example, if you are still living at home your parents can ‘sponsor’ by inviting your GF to stay at their house....

Edited by Jip99

33 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Tom, from your post, I am assuming that you are young, in love, and anxious to please your Thai (fairly new) gf.

Taking her home would not be a wise decision right now, imho.

There are plenty of countries where you could take her, closer, more economical, and would provide her with the wonder and amazement that may required for her to fall more "in love" with you, including Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Russia, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, etc. if that is your intention.

If I am wrong with my assumptions, and you have been with her for a long time, then yes, you could add whomever you want as additional sponsors, but if things go wrong, you will have to suffer the very long-lasting consequences.

I’ve been with her for 18months with regular visits to Thailand . 

I have read that they don’t like it when the parents of the man is the sponsor as they see it as he don’t have the sufficient funds or needs to take care of her in case anything goes wrong .  they say she could be a burden on the parents or uk government 

9 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

There isn’t actually a tourist visa. There is a standard visit visa which is granted for 6 months.

As you mention “tourist” it suggests that you are intending to take your GF for a holiday. How long for? That will determine the amounts you need to evidence to finance the trip.

The two main criteria are to evidence a genuine relationship/reason to visit and reasons for your GF to return to Thailand.

More information about your circumstances are needed to establish your situation- for example, if you are still living at home your parents can ‘sponsor’ by inviting your GF to stay at their house....

Yes sorry visit visa we would apply for 1 month visit to uk 

yes I live at my parents property and she would be coming to stay here . They are happy to write a invitation letter and help to be a sponsor . 

I understand  what is required for the Visa our relationship is genuine we have loads of evidence , her reason to return is that she works  in her  family business running a shop which she has done for over 5 years . The tenancy for the shop/house is in her name . She has minimal money going into her account as most of the money goes back into paying for stock rent etc . Because of this visa She has only recently been paying money into her account for about 2 month she has been putting  1000-2000b into her account a week so by Time we apply for the visa she can supply 6 months bank statements with little payments that can be explained . 

just need to know if it is possible for my parents to be a sponsor alongside me  or will this look bad and potentially be a reason to deny the visa .

For a month visit the amount of savings you quote (backed up by, say, P60/payslip evidence of earnings) should be sufficient to satisfy financial adequacy. Especially, as your parents are inviting her to stay as a guest in their house.

Remember, if you are acting as sponsor her bank statements etc are only there to back up the evidence of employment.

So that's the sponsor's income sorted.

Now what about her reasons for returning to Thailand? I have a feeling that returning to help run the 'family business' single shop-house on what suggests a hand-to-mouth income may not be very compelling.

So that's the sponsor's income sorted.

Now what about her reasons for returning to Thailand? I have a feeling that returning to help run the 'family business' single shop-house on what suggests a hand-to-mouth income may not be very compelling.

Agreed no reason to return to Thailand, which will be the biggest hurdle for the op to overcome

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app