Bedbug Eradication?

tkramer

It appears that one of my kids has brought home bedbugs, and so far they are just limited to her room. But I fear they will or are spreading soon to the rest of the house. Rentokil Co. claims to have a specific remedy, however, would appreciate anybody sharing any previous experiences with the pesky little critters.

I hate the thought of exposing my family to potentially carcinogenic substances.

What say ye...? 

I had an infestation a long time ago which I treated with pyrethrum based insecticides, which are at least "organic" but I believe there are many strains of bedbug resistant to pyrethrum now.

As a first step, if you are willing to use it, spray a high persistence oil based pesticide all round the door frame and across the threshold of the affected room. It may stop them getting out.

They are very persistent, very hard to eliminate. The eggs are almost indestructible, so you may need more than one treatment.

You also have a problem with laundry. Washing at room temperature is no use at all. If you have a washing machine with a heater, use the highest temperature the clothes will stand. Wash anything that has been in that room separately.

The traditional Thai method of getting rid of them from textiles is to leave them spread out in direct sunlight all day. The heat probably does not do them any good, but I guess it is the UV that does for them

You may well have to use some very strong pesticides to kill these little b's off. You have my sympathy, it is a disgusting infestation and very difficult to get rid of.

I hope this has been some help.

• Thanks 1

Had this problem in South Beach Miami... as I recall, it took 3 applications from the service I used, before that I tried foggers 2 or 3 times myself, that did not work. I was ready to light the whole place on fire, but the 3 applications by exterminator did work. Short answer get a pro with specific bed bug application, and do it soon.

• Like 1

Take all bed linen and worn clothing wash in HOT water with eucalyptus oil

Spray mattress and all other cotton/fabric covers with eucalyptus oil and hang in direct sunshine

Fog bedroom and house

If you put all clothes in a big plastic bag and leave in the tropical sun for several days it is hopefully hot enough to kill the eggs if you don't have a clothes dryer. I was told to use a lint remover roll on mattresses to remove eggs. The bugs like staying near where the person sleeps so try looking through any cracks in wood etc maybe with a magnifying glass. I believe there is a heavy duty spray you can buy on Lazada or eBay. I think I found alot of this on an earlier thaivisa post which came up on Google.

Sent from my Nokia 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app