AUD is 21.84THB lowest ever recorded

Is the Australian economy strong?
The Australian economy is dominated by its service sector, comprising 61.1% of the GDP and employing 79.2% of the labour force in 2016. ... Despite the recent decline in the mining sector, the Australian economy has remained resilient and stable and has not experienced a recession since July 1991.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:
The Australian economy is dominated by its service sector, comprising 61.1% of the GDP and employing 79.2% of the labour force in 2016. ... Despite the recent decline in the mining sector, the Australian economy has remained resilient and stable and has not experienced a recession since July 1991.

Currencies are manipulated by the banksters R?

17 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

And you think the Aust' economy is ok ....   lol 

May 16 2019 - Australia's unemployment rate rose in April to the highest in eight months.

The Australian dollar skidded 0.4 per cent to 68.91 US cents, the weakest since early January when a currency "flash crash" briefly sent the Aussie to 67.43 US cents.

More worryingly, forward-looking indicators of labour demand are now pointing to emerging weakness. With the jobless rate inching up, lukewarm consumer prices and sputtering economic growth, the RBA will likely cut rates from a record low 1.50 per cent.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

give me a break  !   Please read up on how the economy is really doing ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-06/gdp-q4-2018/10874592

unfortunately White Christmas it's not doing as well as we would hoped ...

good luck.

Edited by steven100

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

give me a break  !   Please read up on how the economy is doing ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-06/gdp-q4-2018/10874592

I don't won't to comment anymore if you think you are so smart 

why do you have to support a military regime and think Thailand

is the land of milk and honey if you really live in Thailand I hope

you get nothing for the AUD in the future and see how you can live

on a non existing Thai pension end of story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Good time to liquidate Thai assets or cash in order to buy depressed Aust real estate at a great exchange rate. I am sure some people will thrive in the current economic environment.

Smart people will do that. Others will be too scared and the rest don't have a pot to piss on.

Remember, Thailand is not the God. The currency is the strongest in SE Asia and when everyone bails out of Thailand and thinks there's no going back, that's when there may be a crash. It happened to Vancouver, it happened to Sydney and it happened to Bitcoin and it will happen to my never ending Toronto condo appreciation.

Don't get caught with the pants down, like cheerleader Naam.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 7:20 AM, worgeordie said:

Australia, with all its natural resources,Thailand with nowt in comparison,

still been lead by an ex army general,you have to ask yourself what's happening.

also a report Sterling lowest for 22 Years.is the THB only been kept at high levels

to benefit the privileged few. 

regards worgeordie

Lol some of you guys need to start actually reading and absorbing information. The Baht has traded in a very narrow band against the reserve currency the US Dollar for a long time.....go and see for yourself dont take my word for it. With over $200 billion of foreign reserves the Baht will continue in its 31-33 trading range indefinately

Its our OWN currencies weakness on the other side of the currency pairings against the USD thats causing the low exchange rates

• Like 2

India and Brazil have twice the reserves Thailand does.

Of these 3 3rd world countries, the THB has gained ~7% over the last decade.  The Indian Rupee down 45%, the Brazilian Real down 103%

Russia has 492 billion, the Ruble down 106%

Japan has 1,294 billion, the Yen down 11%

Edited by mshs

31 minutes ago, mshs said:

India and Brazil have twice the reserves Thailand does.

Of these 3 3rd world countries, the THB has gained ~7% over the last decade.  The Indian Rupee down 45%, the Brazilian Real down 103%

Russia has 492 billion, the Ruble down 106%

Japan has 1,294 billion, the Yen down 11%

the UK has only this ????

The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2019 Counter __ nationaldebtclock.co.uk.html

14 hours ago, Chivas said:

Lol some of you guys need to start actually reading and absorbing information. The Baht has traded in a very narrow band against the reserve currency the US Dollar for a long time.....go and see for yourself dont take my word for it. With over $200 billion of foreign reserves the Baht will continue in its 31-33 trading range indefinately

Its our OWN currencies weakness on the other side of the currency pairings against the USD thats causing the low exchange rates

Load of rubbish,but never mind Naam will be along soon with charts from 1910 to prove how wrong you/I/Thailand/the whole world, is wrong

looking at media outlets the commerce ministry are in free fall about lackluster performance of exports,even this morning wanting manufactures fleeing China ,but the other coin,manufactures quitting Thailand as Baht ,especially Thai wages too high, yes at 300 baht a day.  another gloomy June result awaits ..5% down I forecast,but how can the same ministry forecast a drop from 8% to 3% next year.

Prayut will continue his hour long fireside television chats soon,just how happy Thais are.  Everywhere,but everywhere a short time ago billboards stuffed with buy this ,buy that,  all now mostly empty,shops ,business,even vets closing down,happy times ahead

• Like 1

Lots of guys are belatedly realising that full-on exposure to AUDTHB or GBPTHB has not turned out too well as a one-way bet on a long-term basis. Baying against the Unfair Moon is pretty pointless. For those who have the choice there is always the option to diversify one's assets. Sometimes that window works better at times than others and it isn't risk free, but sitting on one's hands hasn't been either. Or you can continue waiting for the (inevitable!?) turn.

16 hours ago, Chivas said:

That would be a reason to holding US dollar or equivalent assets as a hedge. 

3 minutes ago, Catoni said:

I thought maybe Baht... but he used the dollar sign ($) in his post referring to the reserves.. so I thought dollars of course.

i would be very very careful using gods name in vane/vein,a chart will shortly be appearing to show you/it/yourself/me/the tart a few doors down/the tart i humped last year/anything and anybody either directly/not directly,not even associated with any and all of the said activities that are not apparent ,are all wrong

23 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We have a two pronged attack - weak pound and strong baht. Oil up for 35 ...... it's on the way. 

keeps the riff raff out,25 will have pattaya back to a sleepy little fishing village again.

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Which is utterly pointless as a Brit when you have to buy the US Dollar in the first place lol

19 hours ago, SheungWan said:

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

Which is utterly pointless as a Brit when you have to buy the US Dollar in the first place lol

The cost of acquiring/disposing assets denominated in the hedging currency should be offset against the future downside risk of one's home currency. No guarantees and it is a choice looking forwards.

EditorNote ThailandPosted: 471 | 2 Jun 2019 at 19.00

What the Thai financial policy makers seem to have missed is that their Chinese masters are volatile investers. Once the trade grunts between the USA and the rest of the world cools down, believe it, the Chinese will take back all their funds and create a bubble. Next, to whom is the current THB exchange rate benefitting ? Mainly to the hi-so powerful Thais who are massively hiding their money abroad. Also, rant against the foreigners and their Chang beers but don't forget that it's ultimately tourism and expat spending money that may bail Thailand out when the economy will burst. And currently tourists and expats are fleeing Thailand.

Copied from leading English language newspaper

.......and and  what is it now? 6am, news from lottery HQ   GOOD NEWS YOU HAVE WON A PRIZE.£10000 a month for 30 years  (I wish) .cannot check  HQ not open yet 6 hours diff...riff-raff low value prizes ,usually informed at 12 mid-day.....now my bags are packed....yeah yeah yeah  I'm not supposed to do it blah blah blah   but I do and do win,but waiting the big one,like now 

Edited by oxysong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mshs said:

That's right, India has 1.98 times the reserves Thailand does.

Brazil has 1.81 times the reserves Thailand does.

Yes but Brasil population is? 150 million up and India? who knows maybe they already overtaken China and when it comes down to serve people when its needed who will last longer? Look per capita and you ll get correct figures.