3BB Fibe Loooong Connection Time

silverhawk_usa

3BB recently installed the latest and greatest (ha,ha) 5g router.  Although it says connected to internet, in both 5g or 2.4g WiFi connection, it can take 5 minutes or more before I can actually access anything on the internet.  Sometimes, but rarely, it will connect quickly.  3BB Tech says there is no problem.  This happens on 3 different computers. I have tried various DNS settings, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Suggestions, answers? 

Reset all your DNS settings to automatic and restart all your devices, including the router.

Does it work properly if you connect the PCs to the router using an Ethernet cable and with the wifi turned off?

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Reset all your DNS settings to automatic and restart all your devices, including the router.

Does it work properly if you connect the PCs to the router using an Ethernet cable and with the wifi turned off?

I'll give it a try.  Thanks.

I tried all of the above, on three different computers.  All the same.  LAN doesn't even want to connect.  I know LAN is better, but not practical in my application. Speed isn't the issue, connecting is.  The wife is calling to have the TECH come back.  Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, the tech never showed up. What a surprise.  In the last week or so, I have been able to connect quickly, and stay connected, more often than not.  Could it have been that the problem was at their server as I told them all along?  No, of course not.  ????

Archived