Pattaya mayor talks of 665 million baht makeover to solve flooding crisis

webfact

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

They can throw all the money they want at the flooding, it will not make things any better.

Pattaya, small place put drains in, build, build, build, still with small drains, concrete more and more every day, problem will only get worse, not better

no truer words spoken even if all that money was spent on those works by the end of one year wasted

• Like 1

I could fix it for 10 million.

But maybe better not to fix it so the mayor and other officials can fill up their already fat pockets. 

• Haha 1

I really hope it can be done, but fear mayor hardly understands the amount of work that would have to be done.

City's old system is basically not large enough to accommodate all the growth.

It means laying new or bigger pipes all over city, bigger or more pipes into the ocean

Work of this magnitude will take years and cause more chaos on the streets than there already is 

Yes, the feed trough getting replenished. No need to get a proper design and build as that would result in the feed trough not being replenished as regularly. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

Ok stop there I have a better solution if we fire the current mayor we can save countless moneyes.

then we can employ through tender a properly qualified engineer to solve this yearly scandal.

But the junta won't like that ????

My fist visit to Pattaya was in 1981 for work offshore stayed for about 4 months in the old Royal Gardens Resort great hotel shame it was ever knocked down they where talking the same then about flooding still nothing happen