Video: Brit loses his holiday money to ladyboy in Pattaya

webfact

And obviously, the stories of lady-boys lacking any semblance of mental health- when they attempt to steal from tourists because they are <deleted> lazy, then go dance somewhere and when you attempt to rob anyone, you will be dealt with accordingly. <deleted>.

7 hours ago, Wazoo said:

Number one rule in pattaya.. take out with you only what you are happy to come home without.

No 2 Rule,.......don’t leave it in the safe in the room unless you are at a proper safe hotel.........which the majority of them are not staying in.

On 6/4/2019 at 3:35 AM, webfact said:

hey said, adding that this sort of thing damages Pattaya's image

i seriously doubt there is something left that can still damage pattaya's image (i personally enjoy pattaya, though), but there is something that shows how scatterbrained farang becomes when he travels abroad. would he  get drunk in london having £500 in his pocket? to begin with, why was he carrying so much cash? hope police never catch the ladyboy so farang knows better next time.

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

having £500 in his pocket? to begin with, why was he carrying so much cash?

Yet again we need to tell someone that  £500 is not that much, currently under 20,000 baht. The real question is why have so much left so late in the evening, should have been down to his last few notes by then. 

And again, as has been posted here, many hotels cannot supply a secure place to put your holiday money. Either no in-room safe, or one where everyone from the cleaners to the owners druggie son know the over-ride code. 

Yeas ago I used travelers cheques but they are a rare item in modern days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yet again we need to tell someone that  £500 is not that much, currently under 20,000 baht. The real question is why have so much left so late in the evening, should have been down to his last few notes by then. 

And again, as has been posted here, many hotels cannot supply a secure place to put your holiday money. Either no in-room safe, or one where everyone from the cleaners to the owners druggie son know the over-ride code. 

Yeas ago I used travelers cheques but they are a rare item in modern days. 

Yeap that late at night I would be about broke. The place I stay doesn't have in room safes they have safety deposit boxes and I haven't had a problem yet

6 minutes ago, Fred white said:

Yeap that late at night I would be about broke. The place I stay doesn't have in room safes they have safety deposit boxes and I haven't had a problem yet

Many years ago 2 key deposit boxes behind reception were commonplace, or individual boxes in the lobby in a secure room like a bank vault. Problem was access times were restricted. (Not ideal when you had brought back a room companion!)The poorer option was a single hotel safe where you could deposit your valuables in a sealed envelope.  I recall a case of many tourists being seriously inconvenienced when a rogue employee buggered off with the lot, many passports too. 

I have never had an issue with a hotel's room safe, but known many who did. I once had some pilfering from some 'locker type' boxes behind reception that the hotel had a key to. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Many years ago 2 key deposit boxes behind reception were commonplace, or individual boxes in the lobby in a secure room like a bank vault. Problem was access times were restricted. (Not ideal when you had brought back a room companion!)The poorer option was a single hotel safe where you could deposit your valuables in a sealed envelope.  I recall a case of many tourists being seriously inconvenienced when a rogue employee buggered off with the lot, many passports too. 

I have never had an issue with a hotel's room safe, but known many who did. I once had some pilfering from some 'locker type' boxes behind reception that the hotel had a key to. 

They usually have someone there late I've come in after midnight and the clerk would be available

On 6/4/2019 at 2:57 AM, Matzzon said:

Have been walking there with a couple of tousands a bunch of times. Never any problem. The stupid thing is grounded in getting too drunk and forget to be aware of things around you.

a cple of thousand quid??

9 hours ago, Fred white said:

your right about the latest I stay out when I'm there is maybe 0100 but rarely???? 

Seems to depend how the drinking goes, sometimes off at 1am when I feel I have had enough, now and again it gets later, 3am or when chucked out. But I certainly don't see any reason to be hanging around in front of WS  7-11s. M/C taxi to someplace quieter where a Grab car can get to me.

• Like 1

Plenty of British guys will take £500 on a night out in the UK - a meal, drinks, lap dancing club. Its not considered a lot of money.  As a bonus, if he gets his ฿10k back it might be worth a fair bit more in GBP than when it was stolen.

• Like 2