Proof of Return Ticket Needed for Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” (Marriage Visa), why?

According to two US Thai Embassy websites (DC & LA), in order to apply in America for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O”, Purpose of Visit: Applicants who wish to stay with family in Thailand (Thai Family)

You need: 

Documents Required for Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” (Thai Family):
1. Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2. One original visa application form completely filled out (black and blue ink only(Download)
3. Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″) (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted). Photographs must have a light color backgroundwith a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders. Photos must be taken within 6 months.
4. A copy of flight confirmation/reservation , showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
5. A copy of recent bank statement  ($700 per person and $1,500 per family) (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly) , In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.

Source:

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-category-o/

QUESTIONS...

A) In order to apply for EXTENSION IN THAILAND, I will need 400,000B or 40,000B/Month income + Health Insurance coverage, correct?

B) What do I do with the return ticket, if I stay longer than a year?  Most airlines charge money to change a flight.  Do I ask for a refund minus the change fee?

C) If I do stay in Thailand on a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O”, Marriage, Annual extensions and I want to go back to America and WORK for 6 months - year (consulting work, can't be done remotely in Thailand, need to be on site in America), does that invalidate my O visa? 

D) Seems like I read there is some kind of exit paperwork to fill out? 

E) What if I stay outside Thailand more than a year?  Will I need to start the process all over again and apply for a new "O" marriage Visa in America again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A. You need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. No requirement for insurance.

B. A return ticket is not required. A one way ticket to a nearby country from any airport here will be accepted.

C. Your extension of stay would remain valid. You would need a re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country. You only have to be here long enough to apply for a new extension.

D. Not needed. Just a re-entry permit is needed before you leave.

E. You would have to start all over again. You would need a new non-o visa but you can get one at a nearby embassy or consulate. 

• Thanks 1