Senators have not blocked a vote for PM

webfact

Senators have not blocked a vote for PM

48d9806b9ce9ce970181ad2c4229dfbd.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 June 2019 (NNT) - The parliamentary meeting to vote for the Prime Minister takes place on June 5. The President of the Senate has confirmed that it is a privilege of the Senators to vote for the Prime Minister and all members can discuss the qualifications of the candidates.

Mr. Phornphet Wichitchonchai, President of the Senate, expects that the parliamentary meeting to vote for the Prime Minister on June 5 may take longer than usual because it is necessary to allow parliamentarians to discuss and express their opinions.

The parliamentarians can discuss the qualifications of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha if they wish because it is their privilege. The vote to elect a new Prime Minister must be in accordance with the regulations. It is not possible to split the vote between MPs and Senators. The premier’s election will be by open ballot. Each candidate’s name will be read aloud in alphabetical order.

Before the vote, the Senators will not convene to discuss the voting guidelines because it is their privilege and it is not possible to block votes. However, if a case arises that refers to the origin of Senators, it might be necessary for them to explain because the issue arose during the referendum and the origin of Senators requirements have to be changed by an amendment the constitution.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-04
  • Like 1

Already started the stonewalling under the guise of openness. My guess is that there'll be 20 or so who abstain from voting while around 200 will nominate Prayuth.

I doubt he'll get 376 votes though, a lot of people only care of the trough and know Prayuth to be far from a man of his word.

I don't think this is as cut and dried as people think

You just know that the phones are running hot right now, as well as closed door meetings all night and promises to try and swing some necessary votes...on all sides.

I think tomorrow could be interesting...or it could be wishful thinking...that a few good men do the right thing.

It would be righteous for the General to not get elected.

• Like 2

...the military takes an oath to protect and defend its motherland...

...so where is it wrong for them to do so...???

....against a scoundrel and his cronies....who have already gotten away with tens of billions...???

...in this light...

...do these arguments and complaints make any sense...???

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Well done and well spoken. Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will be the next PM for at least until 2026.

He is the choice and he is warranted as the peoples Prime Minister of Thailand.

Although some farang disagree mean little to nothing as it's for Thailand and the Thai people, not the moaning whinging farang.

One thing I can say for certain is he is a far better choice than any of the other clowns running.

Go Thailand !!  Go Khun Prayut Chan O Cha ....

image.png.ee7ec1cf84b48c6300edece8180e0bef.png

????????Heil Hitler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

I am told, by people outside Thailand (who communicate with people inside Thailand) that only now are the voters of Thailand starting to realise the mistake that was made when they approved the constitution in their referendum.

That only now do they comprehend what it was designed to do.

And that they are not happy about it.

yes I do communicate with about 4500 Thai people most of them changed

their mind and voted for FFP I also talk to Thanathorn and all his supporters

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

Well done and well spoken. Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will be the next PM for at least until 2026.

He is the choice and he is warranted as the peoples Prime Minister of Thailand.

Although some farang disagree mean little to nothing as it's for Thailand and the Thai people, not the moaning whinging farang.

One thing I can say for certain is he is a far better choice than any of the other clowns running.

Go Thailand !!  Go Khun Prayut Chan O Cha ....

image.png.ee7ec1cf84b48c6300edece8180e0bef.png

I like the cut of your jib Benson.png