Video: Good Samaritan helps a Thai drunk driver

webfact

Video: Good Samaritan helps a Thai drunk driver

4B987873-FB66-47CD-AC4F-D7D901102F10.jpeg

Caption: He was drunk and set to cause accidents

Mobile phone footage showed a drunk driver weaving all over the road and nearly colliding with oncoming traffic several times. 

The driver of the vehicle behind decided to take matters into his own hands to avoid there being an accident. 

With the help of people at a coffee shop he managed to get the drunk driver out of his vehicle and park it for him. 

The Good Samaritan said he was able to stop safely and help in this situation. He had been in the car with his mother.

He told Thai Rath that he didn't want to drive on and leave the man in that state because he would have an accident for sure. 

In the end relatives of the drunk man were called to come and pick him up. 

The hero of the hour warned people no to drink and drive.

Source: Thai Rath Facebook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-05

1 minute ago, arithai12 said:

Wasn't there some serious police crack down on drunk drivers... ah I remember, it was for Songkran only.

No at Songkran, the BiB has gotten their brown envelopes delivered to spare the high-sos

Edited by MaxLee

4 hours ago, Lungstib said:

I followed a car being driven in a similar manner and actually got the driver to stop in order to berate me right outside the local police station. I got two young uniformed men to come out and see the awful state of the driver who who so bad he could hardly speak and wouldn't attempt to get out of his seat. The police refused to do anything and let him continue straight on up the road and past the local school.

Can I guess which one was Thai and which one was the expat?

7 hours ago, Lungstib said:

I followed a car being driven in a similar manner and actually got the driver to stop in order to berate me right outside the local police station. I got two young uniformed men to come out and see the awful state of the driver who who so bad he could hardly speak and wouldn't attempt to get out of his seat. The police refused to do anything and let him continue straight on up the road and past the local school.

The normal response from the fantastic police force of Thailand.

Truly a disgrace to the uniform they have on.

Maybe there are some good ones.  but the bad,  sure out weighs the good.