Looking for wedding venue / hotel

foodyfoodie

Hello everyone, I am Chinese and planning to marry my Thai gf this year. I have been looking for hotels (in Bangkok or nearby) for my wedding, the wedding dinner is around 30 tables (300 person). I am looking for Chinese set wedding dinner, no water pouring ceremony or Thai tradition ceremony required. Any suggestions? Really need helps, I have no clue how the thing works in Thailand and I am not currently live in Bangkok as well.

I suggest you get in contact with some Chinese folk, so probably Chinatown chinese club or a chinese restaurant on Sukhumvit or within the centre of Bangkok.

There are many Chinese restaurants around.

At least they may be able to give you wedding party organizers that do Chinese weddings.

If it's possible you will certainly need to come to Bangkok to arrange so you know what your getting, however as a start you can ' google '  Bangkok chinatown, and/or Chinese restaurants in Bangkok and give them a call to see if they can point you in the correct direction.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I suggest you get in contact with some Chinese folk, so probably Chinatown chinese club or a chinese restaurant on Sukhumvit or within the centre of Bangkok.

There are many Chinese restaurants around.

At least they may be able to give you wedding party organizers that do Chinese weddings.

If it's possible you will certainly need to come to Bangkok to arrange so you know what your getting, however as a start you can ' google '  Bangkok chinatown, and/or Chinese restaurants in Bangkok and give them a call to see if they can point you in the correct direction.

Thanks for your info, but we'll get the part done in China before heading to Thailand. The Thailand wedding simply give tea and the dinner section. 

Pretty much any hotel will provide a function room of varying sizes and you can select various food menu's from Cocktail (most common) to Western set menu to regular buffet. I'm sure you will be able to arrange for a Chinese Set menu.

This will be extremely difficult to do from overseas - start by contacting hotels directly and seeing what they can offer you. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Pretty much any hotel will provide a function room of varying sizes and you can select various food menu's from Cocktail (most common) to Western set menu to regular buffet. I'm sure you will be able to arrange for a Chinese Set menu.

This will be extremely difficult to do from overseas - start by contacting hotels directly and seeing what they can offer you. 

I will be in Bangkok next week, and look for the venue. My gf will always in Bangkok taking care of it. Just wondering any good hotel recommendations. 

10 minutes ago, foodyfoodie said:

I will be in Bangkok next week, and look for the venue. My gf will always in Bangkok taking care of it. Just wondering any good hotel recommendations. 

The sky's the Limit... once of the nicest venues for a wedding reception is the 'Authors Lounge' at the Mandarin Oriental hotel...  

We had a wedding reception at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers on Charoen Krung Road. This was for our daughter. We had 500 guests. It was lovely. At any hotel they have a Chinese menu option. We also considered the St Regis which is very nice. It was January when we were looking for a place for a July wedding. Dates were getting booked especially weekends. January was kind of late to be making a decision for July. There were still dates available but we had to make a decision. The Royal Orchid Sheraton was available so we went with them and were very happy. Good luck! 

• Like 1