What Is The Point Of Tv?

RAZZELL

A thread was recently closed my mods due to the "no missing persons" rule.

What is the point of TV if not to "help" people? Or am I missing something? :o

RAZZ

I believe there are more than one "point' to TV, it's up to each individual to define his own. But one is definitely the exchange of information.

The problem with "missing persons" threads is, that you don't know if you are helping or hurting. If someone stops keeping in touch, maybe it's because they don't want people to know where they are.

This thread will probably also be closed soon, as discussing moderation issues is also against the rules. If you have questions about moderation you should contact a moderator by pm.

Sophon

RAZZ

I believe there are more than one "point' to TV, it's up to each individual to define his own. But one is definitely the exchange of information.

The problem with "missing persons" threads is, that you don't know if you are helping or hurting. If someone stops keeping in touch, maybe it's because they don't want people to know where they are.

This thread will probably also be closed soon, as discussing moderation issues is also against the rules. If you have questions about moderation you should contact a moderator by pm.

Sophon

Sorry Sophan, i would expect the little girl who has gone missing probably wants very much to be found by her mother and father.

RAZZ

Sophon

Sorry Sophan, i would expect the little girl who has gone missing probably wants very much to be found by her mother and father.

There has been more than one missing person thread over the last week, including one after the one about the little girl. The OP didn't specify which one he was referring to, so I was speaking in general terms.

And besides, the one you are referring to was kept open by the moderators for some time, while someone (don't remember who) was collecting more information. I trust there was a reason it was finally closed.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

I trust there was a reason it was finally closed.

Sophon

I've got no problem with threads being closed by mods...But a bit of information/feedback would be appreciated. :o

A forum with no posters, or a forum with only one "consensual" view...(as approved by the moderators) isn't much good is it?

As they say "variety is the spice of life" :D

RAZZ

I trust there was a reason it was finally closed.

Sophon

I've got no problem with threads being closed by mods...But a bit of information/feedback would be appreciated. :o

A forum with no posters, or a forum with only one "consensual" view...(as approved by the moderators) isn't much good is it?

As they say "variety is the spice of life" :D

RAZZ

This was the post made upon closure;

Closed at admin's request - please note a change in forum rules #17. This will remove any ambiguity regarding topics of this nature.

And this is forum rule # 17

17) Missing person posts are only allowed with explicit approval (email support[at]thaivisa.com)

There may be legal liability issues with any case such as this. Although tragic, we must request that all missing person threads be vetted through Admin. Thank you for your understanding.

The discussion of moderation issues is not permitted in accordance with Forum rules. Thread closed.