Fiancee Visa To The U.s.

Hi,

I have been trying to get started a fiancee visa & get married to the U.S. since Jan 2nd.

Do I first send my 129f along with a marriage status report

& after aplication is recieved & appt. is made then I recieve my 797 for in packet 3?

Is the 797 the K1 visa form?

I have tried all links & have found no downloads for the K1 form ?

Is this the form that has my finantial disclosure?

Does anyone know what the minimum in the bank is needed to establish elegibility to support wif till she is issued a green card.

last question I found a company advertising a public record search for providing a decree of divorce.Dates , place of filing etc. Is this copy good enough for the U.S. Govn.????

I cannot believe how difficult to just start the process!! I was planning on getting married this year in late june & have changed it to next June 2008 to be more realistic as I know I will not get a visa at this rate till 2010.

The most I found out was If she was Mexican She would be able to walk across the boarder & by all realistic means never get caught & eventually be granted amnesty.

Could someone help me at all, I am getting no where quick with the embassy in Bangkok & because of the new changes in Jan. this year my inside help with the embassy is also at a loss.

Thank you soooooooo much. I know this is the only forum that always has help available! I am so confused about the visa process! :o

Beardog (Pm me I am always on line looking in the health & visa forums)

Just hit this link and follow the instructions......I just did it for my fiance. All the financial stuff will ensue. I think you need to show employment records, bank statements, etc to prove that you net 125% more then the poverty rate...around $25,000 a year, I think.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

or goto www.uscis.gov

Another good resource is visajourney [dot] com. They have some nice flowcharts detailing the process, as well as examples of the forms. There's also a very good forum with lots of helpful people from around the world who are going through the same things we are (I'm getting ready to file a K1 as well).

If you use their resources as well as the government's own site, you should do just fine. From what I've seen on the forums there, and talking to my girlfriend about some of her friends who have gone through the process, it's about 6-8 months from the time you file until your fiancee gets her visa.

Good luck!