Replacing Sunglasses Lens

bbi1

Does anyone know roughly how much and where is a good place to get new sunglasses lens put in? Ones that provide 100% UV protection? Mine are super scratched already and need either replacing or buying a new pair of sunnies.

I tired to get a replacement lens for my very expensive Ray Bans, I gave up in the end, one because matching them seemed to present enormous problems for the repairer, but the cost was half the cost of the whole frame and two lenses.  gave up and put up with the scratches. Good luck with your attempt. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I tired to get a replacement lens for my very expensive Ray Bans, I gave up in the end, one because matching them seemed to present enormous problems for the repairer, but the cost was half the cost of the whole frame and two lenses.  gave up and put up with the scratches. Good luck with your attempt. 

Too many scratches on mine, can't see out of them clearly so it makes it blurry. Plus it's recommended to get new sunglasses every year or two because the UV protection on the lenses become useless after a while.

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Too many scratches on mine, can't see out of them clearly so it makes it blurry. Plus it's recommended to get new sunglasses every year or two because the UV protection on the lenses become useless after a while.

1851597720_ScreenShot2019-06-14at21_18_03.thumb.png.656f48acbb3512517267fdc442441ac4.png

Guess that not many on here buy into the fact that sunlight is beneficial (in moderation) ???? 

The sunscreen, sun-glass industries, massive as they are, have run a great "advertising" campaign for many years convincing people that the sun is bad!

Sunlight is required to lead a healthy life ????.................................................................. ????

44 minutes ago, CGW said:

Guess that not many on here buy into the fact that sunlight is beneficial (in moderation) ???? 

The sunscreen, sun-glass industries, massive as they are, have run a great "advertising" campaign for many years convincing people that the sun is bad!

Sunlight is required to lead a healthy life ????.................................................................. ????

On the skin, in moderation, not in the eyes.  It is wholly unhealthy and dangerous to subject eyes to bright sunlight. The very high rate of cataracts and sun induced blindness in sunny climates tells it all. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know roughly how much and where is a good place to get new sunglasses lens put in? Ones that provide 100% UV protection? Mine are super scratched already and need either replacing or buying a new pair of sunnies.
Had a set with - 1 and - 2 done with uv protection for my old frames few weeks ago by first optic. 800 baht

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On Pattaya Klang, 150 meters East of 2nd Road on the left (North) side of the road is an optical shop.  It is 2 doors East of another optical shop, and across the street from a Top Charoen. About B500 for all lenses in 1 pair of glasses (mine has 4). I believe the name is - Pattaya Optical . Perhaps barter if they seem to arbitrarily ask for 200 + more. Easier to negotiate if you take 2+ pairs for repair. Good fit, 100% UV. I told them Dr. Jefri sent me and they opened the door.