Gen. Prawit instructs police, military officers to regulate motorcycle taxi stands properly

webfact

Gen. Prawit instructs police, military officers to regulate motorcycle taxi stands properly

e157082c95a153f31c5db995751089d2_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Defense has ordered the police and military officers to regulate motorcycle taxi stands effectively, emphasizing that the public must be kept safe.

Defense Ministry Spokesman Lieutenant General Khongcheep Tantrawanich disclosed that General Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered the police to follow up on the motorcycle taxi riders’ brawl in the Udomsuk area, Bang Na district, Bangkok, in which two persons died and many were injured, and prosecute all brawlers. He said Gen. Prawit has also instructed police in every area to focus on the crackdown on illegal weapons and deploy intensive measures to prevent violence.

Gen. Prawit has also ordered the military officers to work with police and the Department of Land Transport to supervise reorganization of motorcycle taxi and passenger van stands in all areas, to prevent illegal motorcycle taxi and passenger van stands, and interference from influential figures, for the convenience and safety of people as well as the orderliness of society. People are asked to immediately inform the authorities of actions that may cause danger to society.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-18

Ask those who the drivers pay to operate to regulate them? In short, you're asking the police to regulate their own income? Priceless. You couldn't make it up. I think Prawit needs remove the wi from his name.

????????????????

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Gen. Prawit has also ordered the military officers to work with police and the Department of Land Transport to supervise reorganization of motorcycle taxi

It was just a few years ago that there was a crackdown on the motorcycle taxis and another one a few years before that one. I'm starting to see a trend...

sidewalk.JPG

Why is the military still doing the police job.  They still think they own the country.  Just another type of coup you pay who going to vote for you even if the people didn't vote for them.  A coup is a coup no matter how you do it.

4 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Toad is flexing what remains of his muscles in the fading days of his tenure as being relevant. In a couple of weeks he is going to "concentrate on his health".

Concentrate on his health !! Surely you mean concentrate on his wealth.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Some taxi stands start out with 3 motorcycles.

Than adding 4 chairs than adding one soi dog than adding one hang-mat , and adding another soi dog, then adding 5 more motorcycles and more chairs than adding big box for collecting plastic bottles than adding more parking spaces and adding trash-bags full with carbage than adding the broom and sweeper than adding small shelter storage box plus a sofa then adding umbrellas and aluminium shade roof.

When will these guys get their tv and fridge on these street corners?

Just goes to show what sort of country this is when you need the army to sort out the moto taxis.

in fact can anyone name another country that does this?

the good thing is now Thailand will be that bit safer and the baht can get that little bit stronger.????

2 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Just goes to show what sort of country this is when you need the army to sort out the moto taxis.

in fact can anyone name another country that does this?

the good thing is now Thailand will be that bit safer and the baht can get that little bit stronger.????

Who cares the foot soldiers are not going to take kickbacks like the BIB do to look the other way. Sack the entire police force and replace with soldiers is not a bad idea

Yes the baht should surge knowing Thailand is safe once more .

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

Who cares the foot soldiers are not going to take kickbacks like the BIB do to look the other way. Sack the entire police force and replace with soldiers is not a bad idea

Yes the baht should surge knowing Thailand is safe once more .

Taking the police out and replacing them with the army will Make no difference.the money just goes in a different pocket.sorry to say but it's a genetic problem and asian tradition.

2 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Taking the police out and replacing them with the army will Make no difference.the money just goes in a different pocket.sorry to say but it's a genetic problem and asian tradition.

Not true. Just one example were the thousand hawker stands blocking the footpaths in Bangkok. For decades this was a cash cow for the bib but the army pulled the plug. The bulldozing of illegal hotels on public land. That would have been sorted in the past with a bit of extortion

Not to say the army is free of corruption but a damn sight better than the BIB

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said Gen. Prawit has also instructed police in every area to focus on

building a Colosseum type arena for the rematch .. into which a couple of p*ssed off Tiger's could be introduced to the fray .. 

5 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Why is the military still doing the police job.  They still think they own the country.  Just another type of coup you pay who going to vote for you even if the people didn't vote for them.  A coup is a coup no matter how you do it.

Uhmmm, maybe the country is lawless, and the BIB have not been effective in enforcing laws so the military had to step in? Could that be why the military is doing the police job? I could say more, but that would offend people who think democracy works everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Used to love the one that came in that shallow tin served with chips and peas .. 

Those good ol' pre-microwave days, when it went in a very hot oven for 35? minutes.

Mind you, the ones we had only had the pie in it. We had to go to the chippy for the chips and peas.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Those good ol' pre-microwave days, when it went in a very hot oven for 35? minutes.

Mind you, the ones we had only had the pie in it. We had to go to the chippy for the chips and peas.

Hahahaha damn you 'Sof I just knew you'd trip me up with that .. Allow me a rephrase .. The one that came in a shallow tin served ALONG with chips and peas .. 

15 minutes ago, a977 said:

Is "ol fatty still rolling around I thought they put him out to pasture after the erection sorry election

I think you were correct with the first word you wrote, as the past few months have obviously been 'hard on' him.

17 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Police are just collectors of fines, they never actually cut-off the revenue stream by removing people.

The military does occasionally clear the problem from the area!

It is of great intetest to observe the illegal directing the unlawful to conduct themselves in unattainable behaviors. The curtain of apathy has been drawn around this lawless group of two-wheeled miscreants.

17 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

He wants to ensure both parties are armed to the same degree.....!!!

Yes regulate....only accept the regulation standard issue size brown enveloppes...no other format will be accepted...

.... and kindly do not forget the Taxi cheats at Suvarnabhumi who cheat arriving tourists on a daily basis by refusing to turn ON their meters...the racket is still going on....

21 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Your exactly right. This coup (thats the reality) has been welcomed and at the same time forgotten. If not "welcomed" I'd say ....content?  ha The people are content with it?

I was having a drink a few months ago with a Thai guy and he thought other candidates are  "communist".  Not even worth the time to talk about these things with some people..

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I think you were correct with the first word you wrote, as the past few months have obviously been 'hard on' him.

Not hard enough as far as I'm concerned, my Mrs hates it when I see him on TV and growl at him ????

Archived