How About Having The Pinned Threads Expandable?

jackr

As useful as they are, they are now taking up most of the generic forum which looks a bit tacky aesthetically and there's a lot more room needed for running topics nowadays. Additionally, newbies may not know <deleted> is going on. :D

Would it be best to build a sub-forum and have one catchy heading, like "Essential Chiang Mai info" and include the main subheadings in the 'Topic Description'? Make sense or is one being a pain in the posterior? :o

As useful as they are, they are now taking up most of the generic forum which looks a bit tacky aesthetically and there's a lot more room needed for running topics nowadays. Additionally, newbies may not know <deleted> is going on. :D

Would it be best to build a sub-forum and have one catchy heading, like "Essential Chiang Mai info" and include the main subheadings in the 'Topic Description'? Make sense or is one being a pain in the posterior? :o

Makes sense.

Good point, well presented.

:D

JxP

I fear that is likely to be a non-starter, because people would be unlikely to open that sub forum more than once or twice. Important information would likely go unseen. It is better by far to have this important info visible at the head of the forum list.

I shall try though to combine topics to take up less space.

Meanwhile I shall unpin those topics that encourage discussion, leaving only those that are closed and for information only. That should tidy things up a bit.

It will then be up to y'all to keep those topics alive.

I fear that is likely to be a non-starter, because people would be unlikely to open that sub forum more than once or twice. Important information would likely go unseen. It is better by far to have this important info visible at the head of the forum list.

I shall try though to combine topics to take up less space.

Meanwhile I shall unpin those topics that encourage discussion, leaving only those that are closed and for information only. That should tidy things up a bit.

It will then be up to y'all to keep those topics alive.

. . . but where can I find all my Motorsports news now? :D

JxP :o

One alternative is to create one pinned topic titled (for example) "Essential Chiang Mai info" and then provide links to appropriate threads in the forum.

I agree with p1p that important information needs to be seen at the lead of the local forum.

One alternative is to create one pinned topic titled (for example) "Essential Chiang Mai info" and then provide links to appropriate threads in the forum.

I agree with p1p that important information needs to be seen at the lead of the local forum.

Ignoring my earlier posts, a sensible move considering the level of facetiousness . . . this sounds like an excellent plan. The pinned area had started to dominate the first page but having said that, it was all (Motorsports remains debatable!) useful stuff. Not an easy task organising all the info around here, good luck.

JxP