Bangkok Bank again

So this morning go to Bangkok Bank ATM to withdraw money,enter the amount and after a long,30 seconds pause, message tells me “connection error unable to use service “ However after Checking mobile app it shows the withdrawal has been made ! The Bank Phone Line is dead so I guess I go to Bank main branch in Silom Monday and tell them this and I want it checked and money to account returned ! If they don’t I guess the alternative is to just close the account ! I’m sure there’s no Bankkng oversight for customers in this country to help !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Relax. I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. Took ages for the machine to think about giving me the money, went into error mode and shut itself down, with my card inside. It restarted and spat my card out, and I got an sms to say I had taken the money. Went to a different ATM where it told me I had already used my daily allowance. I was thinking, well this isn't good. Twenty to thirty minutes later the system corrected itself, the cash was back in my account and I was able to make the withdrawal. I was in full on panic mode in the meantime of course, but I am pretty sure your money will reappear shortly.

I assume you were using Bangkok Bank ATM card?

Yes, check your balance in a few minutes.  Sometimes it self-corrects instantly.  But I guess it can take several minutes.

In the meantime, try to get the ATM "serial" number.  It should be in fairly large letters/number combination.  Right below the screen or below the atm.  Take a clear photo of the atm machine facing the screen (so that the screen and frame show).  I'll try to get a photo of one myself.

It's also a good idea to record the location of the ATM.  You can use google maps to help you with this.  And the building it is attached to or nearby landmark (if any).

The worst case scenario is that you must go to a nearby branch and report that you did not receive the funds from atm.  Having the Serial # and/or location of the ATM will be helpful.  You should be refunded in 3 days after filing the report.  Branches located inside shopping malls/Tescos/et al are usually open 7 days a week...appx 10:00 - 19:00 or something like that.

Their mbanking app is acting up also today.  Couldn't get a connection from about 12 noon to 2pm....kept getting a server error.  The around 3pm I got a connection and paid two bills.  But before I could pay one more bill it went down again at around 3:20pm.  It's backup at this minute in time 3:35pm but I'll wait a few more hours before trying to pay my 3rd bill since their system is obviously having issues right now.

Archived