ED Visa in Saigon

Hello guys,

did anybody recently get a ED visa in Saigon?

The language schools now do recommend not to go to Vientiane anymore as they started to decline applications. Options are Yangon and Hanoi or Saigon.

I checked the websites and it seems the consulate in Yangon has a stricter list of requirements, also listing a police clearance certificate, which seems expensive and just a hassle to get. Although I would like to travel to Myanmar, because I have already been to Vietnam, a safe Thai embassy is the most important point for me.

If anyone has experience I would like to know:

- whether you needed a police clearance cert. in Vietnam for the Thai ED visa; if yes, how did you get it in Thailand? It is not listed on the Saigon Thai consulate website, for for the Yangon consulate

- from what I read on the forum here (last thread from February) I need a flight into Thailand (basically the return flight from Vietnam) but also a flight out of Thailand. Does this onward flight need to be within 90 days which is the initial/first stamp you got?

This will be my second visit to Vietnam. I only stayed 2 days in Ho Chi Minh last time as I was doing a trip throughout the country. I would like to see more of daily expat life as an alternative to Thailand, if one day my options to stay here run out. Which district in SGN can you recommend to stay in?

If allowed to recommend here: which visa agency is safe to use nowadays as I want to stay more than 15 days? Simple tourist visa 1-3 months would be my option.

Your help is appreciated ????

Re answers to second part of post. You want see expat life and the backpacker (all ages) then district 1. Bui Vien st is the main gig there. 

As for visa use online company to obtain "letter of invitation" then attend visa on arrival desk. Or obtain visa in bkk at Vietnamese embassy. The online option is better. As for visa agent pm if you want name of one. I've used a few they provide standard service.

Tip when you exit airport look to the right. Big yellow bus 109.....20k dong ticket to district 1. 

Don't know about police check. Others will.

I don't recall any reports Vientiane denying non-ed visas if a person had all the required documents unless they had applied for a non-ed within the past year there. You do have to make an appointment to apply for the visa there. 

The requirements for the consulate at Ho Chi Minh city do not mention a police clearance certificate.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7440/80810-Non-Immigrant-ED---Thị-thực-du-họcthực-tậpnghiên.html

Thank you guys for your feedback.

From what I heard some people with combat ED visa (CM) were denied in Vientiane. Whether or not that is true, I dont know ????

It is better not to risk it.