Wrist or Ankle Weights

tfc

A family member uses these for rehabilitation but neglected to bring them over to Chiang Mai as they thought that they would probably be easier to buy here than add 6+ KG to their luggage. 

The ones that they sell at Decathalon etc seem to all leak a weird blackish grain (returned and replaced 6 times and all the same) which is used as weight.  The shop that I usually have relied on in the past near 3 kings monument doesn't seem to have them so I thought it time to call on the thaivisa forummers to find out if anyone has found any wrist/ankle weights that just use solid metal or even those ones that you fill up with water.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to where to buy these.

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I bought 1 and 2kg weights at Big C in Udon Thani. They have stood the test for 4 years now.

The 'weird blackish grain' that @tfcrefers to is fine lead shot.

Do the ones you got from BIG C have that granulated lead shot in them?

22 minutes ago, tfc said:
17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I bought 1 and 2kg weights at Big C in Udon Thani. They have stood the test for 4 years now.

The 'weird blackish grain' that @tfcrefers to is fine lead shot.

22 minutes ago, tfc said:

Do the ones you got from BIG C have that granulated lead shot in them?

As far as I know all wrist and ankle weights contain the same filling. 

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

As far as I know all wrist and ankle weights contain the same filling. 

Ah okay thanks.  I guess that must be for the majority or all wrist/ankle weights in Thailand.  My uncle was spoiled by the ones he had in Australia that had small metal bars so that they could be adjusted to anywhere from 0.5kg to 5kg per weight strap.

8 minutes ago, tfc said:

Ah okay thanks.  I guess that must be for the majority or all wrist/ankle weights in Thailand.  My uncle was spoiled by the ones he had in Australia that had small metal bars so that they could be adjusted to anywhere from 0.5kg to 5kg per weight strap.

Wow, they sound a bit posh, and expensive! But not here. I've only ever encountered the fixed weight pouch variety. 

Archived