UK then Schengen visa - logistics

Looking to get a UK visitor visa for My thai lady...had a successful tourist visa end of last year so comfortable with that process

We also want to visit friends in Germany and maybe italy

Should she get the Schengen visa in Bangkok? Possible its more straightforward to apply in London at the relevant embassy?

Thanks for any feedback...

Most Schengen Area consulates in the UK would only consider an application from a person if they are actually resident in the UK, not visiting, in theory she could apply as a visitor if she was married, but even then they would make it very difficult.

She should apply in Thailand, via the Consulate with juristiction for her main destination in Schengen, ie where she intends spending the longest time, if she's travelling or spending an equal amount of time in more than one State, she should apply via the consulate with juristiction for her point of entry into Schenghen.

• Like 2

I had my ex here last year on a Visitor visa and wanted to do a day trip to France and as far as I could see it was not possible for here to obtain a Schengen without her returning to Thailand to obtain it. I would therefore recommend that your lady comes armed with a Schengen already in her possession.