O2 Xda Ii

PMK

Hi,

Is there any way to turn this sucker completely off (other than removing the battery?). I tried holding in the on/off button 2 seconds as per instructions (and 5 and 10 seconds) but it still stays on, sort of in a standby mode, and rings/vibrates when a message or call comes in. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Peter

If you click on the antenna signal strength indicator on the top of the screen, you should be able to set the device to "flight mode"

Now a little X should appear next to the antenna (where the signal strength bars normally are) to indicate the gsm radio is off!

Getting it on again is done by clicking on the antenna indicator and turn off the "flight mode"...

Monty,

Thanks. One other question. Thai fonts do not display. I don't know if it is because of this or not, but the batteries were both completely discharged. I don't know if previous to that it had Thai fonts or not.

I found a post on the 'net saying to upgrade the ROM with instructions in poor English. Only the one post - that doesn't instill much confidence. Is this what has to be done?

Peter

No idea!

Mine doesn't do Thai either (actually doesn't do anything at all, smashed the touchscreen few days ago :o )

Didn't bother me that much, only thing I got in Thai were those silly AIS promo sms messages!

Sorry to hear you mashed your screen. I'm going to try and check on the Thai font thing next week. I'll post if I find out anything useful.

Peter

No idea!

Mine doesn't do Thai either (actually doesn't do anything at all, smashed the touchscreen few days ago :o )

Didn't bother me that much, only thing I got in Thai were those silly AIS promo sms messages!