Condo owner & TM.30 Reporting.

I am staying in my own condo (Bangkok) and I have the Chanote (Title Deed).

If I leave the country and return back to Bangkok, do I need to

do the TM.30 reporting ? In other words, every time I leave the country

and return back to Bangkok, I have to do the TM.30 reporting, even though

I am living in my own condo.

The next question. If I visit Chiang Mai and return back, do I still need to

do the Tm.30 reporting ?

Please kindly advise. Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

Currently in Bangkok you should be able to get away with just doing one TM30.  They don't seem to be enforcing the rule that a new one has to be done within 24 hours of returning to your residence.  We were told there just needs to be a TM30 on file, in order to complete an Extension of Stay or 90-day report.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Currently in Bangkok you should be able to get away with just doing one TM30.  They don't seem to be enforcing the rule that a new one has to be done within 24 hours of returning to your residence.  We were told there just needs to be a TM30 on file, in order to complete an Extension of Stay or 90-day report.

I also obtain extensions CW. So correct me if I'm wrong.....your saying that if I was to file a tm30 after this weekend trip to Saigon then not do another until my extension November I would be fine. Even though the date on my tm6 will not match the tm30 date (I will be doing several trips out of los) before nov extension.

I also obtain extensions CW. So correct me if I'm wrong.....your saying that if I was to file a tm30 after this weekend trip to Saigon then not do another until my extension November I would be fine. Even though the date on my tm6 will not match the tm30 date (I will be doing several trips out of los) before nov extension.
I have no idea. I'm just reporting what we were told at Immigration. I have no intention of doing another TM30 before I do my next Extension in November even though I will be travelling before then. I'll let you know if I'm fined but I won't know until November!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bayport22 said:

I just renewed my retirement visa this past Thursday.  I was told everytime I leave the country, I must go to immigration office or mail TM30 form and documents to immigration office within 24 hours. And this must be done each time leave the country.  And we still have to do 90 day report too.

I assume you obtained a new extension "permission of stay". The tm30 is done within 24 hours of RETURN.

The 90 day report only if your in Thailand for 90 consecutive days. The clock restarts every time you reenter Thailand. Some folk like myself have never done one in several yrs.

To OP: 

1) For a long time, I thought the arrival card address was a substitute for the TM30 - as long as I didn't leave the stated address.  Now I understand I need to file the TM30 each time.

2) The Chanote &/or Blue book (without the name of a foreigner as owner) will not be accepted by immigration.  They need the yellow book.  Need to get this done in my case.

3) Even domestic trips within Thailand, immigration wants a report filed everytime we return back to the condo....

Dont know much about enforcement/fines etc. 

I need to run after getting the yellow book done - looking for any reliable/reasonable service that can get it done.

3 minutes ago, tpkhk said:

I need to run after getting the yellow book done - looking for any reliable/reasonable service that can get it done.

I'm getting my lawyer to do it, as it's a pain in the asphalt. There are 2 of us, so it's THB21k. First off I needed to get a certified copy of my passport, (by the British Embassy), followed by a letter from my JPM that I own and reside in the condo. That, plus 2 photos, plus photocopies of all passport pages, (plus I think the chanote, the original of which he holds on my behalf), and he then takes all that (not in Thai) off to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for translation. After that I think we all (lawyer + Thai witness from the condo) have to attend the Amphur once, and maybe several follow up visits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I'm getting my lawyer to do it, as it's a pain in the asphalt. There are 2 of us, so it's THB21k. First off I needed to get a certified copy of my passport, (by the British Embassy), followed by a letter from my JPM that I own and reside in the condo. That, plus 2 photos, plus photocopies of all passport pages, (plus I think the chanote, the original of which he holds on my behalf), and he then takes all that (not in Thai) off to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for translation. After that I think we all (lawyer + Thai witness from the condo) have to attend the Amphur once, and maybe several follow up visits. 

Samtam, many thanks.  Just got a quote from a law firm I've used in the past.  It is in that ball park, slightly less for 2 of us - so I guess I too better just go with it.  Thx again.

On a separate note - I stand corrected on not being able to use the Chanote.  A foreign condo owner on an FB (Visa) group, said he was able to submit his application today (@ Chaengwattana) with just the Chanote copy.  He had the original, but was not asked for it.  I suppose it is all down to the examining officer / maybe because they are inundated.  

Edited by tpkhk