Economical Pilates Studio in Bangkok?

flyingtlger

Can anyone recommend a economical Pilates studio in Bangkok?

I was involved in an automobile accident and just discovered that I injured my lower spine.

In the worst case scenario, I will need spinal surgery but my doctor recommended that I try Pilates.

I am retired and on a limited income.  

Any recommendation or referral will be greatly appreciated.

Many videos on the net. You can do it from home. Don't forget the breathing. "Fog the mirror!"

Have you ever done pilates, yoga or even serious stretching before? Be very careful if you have a back injury. I can see how it could help as pilates strengthens the core muscles and improves flexibility. But there is a lot of spinal manipulation too. You don't want to make it worse. Pick the exercises carefully.

Thank you for your advice Briggsy.

I used to do Bikram hot yoga regularly.  Now, I cannot bend forward without excruciating pain in my hips and legs (L1-L5 vertebrae damage).

I've been doing research and found a few places in Bangkok.

I think I'll be trying out "The Pilatest" which does a form of Pilates called Stott Pilates (I didn't know there were different forms of Pilates).  They have a reasonable introductory private lesson.

I want something economical but I think I'm going to have to step up and get a private lesson first by a senior instructor.

So many choices that it becoming confusing....????

Archived