Progress on Phang Nga’s new international airport

rooster59

Progress on Phang Nga’s new international airport

By Bill Barnett

pkt2.jpeg

The AoT (Airports of Thailand) planned international airport in Phang Nga, set to be part of a triangle of international airports serving the Phuket, Phang Nga, Khao Lak and Krabi tourist zones, is poised to move past another development milestone.

According to a report in the Bangkok Post, the second gateway Greater Phuket airport project is being put forward to the government with a budgeted cost of 75 billion baht.

Once approved, final land appropriation is expected to take 12 months and construction another 48 months, so the earliest opening would be 2024/2025.

New of the project continues to drive land transactions, and push up costs, at an increasing pace in the nearby Phang Nga areas of Ko Pilai, Kok Kloy and Natai which are located close to the airport’s proposed site.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/transport/progress-on-phang-ngas-new-international-airport

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-27

Why another airport? Phuket and Krabi are already international airports. Only 145 kms between the 2! 

Another airport will destroy again the nature in a big area and add more nuisances ! And people will have to leave their houses, their lands!

Thailand destroys Thailand 

14 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Why another? Maybe TAT and AOT are expecting a huge increase in new tourists from India and the Middle East/North Africa!!

I think Phuket Airport, during high season, is already handling way more passengers than it was designed for.

I think the photo is maybe wrong (the red one show the airport).

Also the English way to write is Khok Kloi, not Kok Kloy. Hospital, road sign, everywhere, like that.

My friend work at the อบต in Khok Kloi and she show me where they going to have it. The link say they cancel the private airport for the AOT one, so maybe she show me the cancel one??????

But the Thaiger say it will be where my friend show me. Near Natai, Khok Kloi Ko Pilai. 

But the Thaiger map (red) is near the national park/ army area about 20 km north past Thai Muang.

what Thaiger say, and what they show is a different place.

i will check it with her. When I sure I will post.

Ok, check already.

Bill Barrett/Thaiger wrong. Sure

The photo show where the airport, is wrong. 

The airport will be the east of Khok Kloi. Not north of Thai Muang thaiger show in the photo. Sure.

Bill Barrett should speak with local people. Everyone know this already.

6 hours ago, carabaothai said:

Why another airport? Phuket and Krabi are already international airports. Only 145 kms between the 2! 

Another airport will destroy again the nature in a big area and add more nuisances ! And people will have to leave their houses, their lands!

Thailand destroys Thailand 

????

Archived