Travel / Visa Query

Another question I am hoping the knowledgeable members on this site can assist me with. I am planning on coming to Thailand (from London) in the middle of July and will have a 2 month tourist visa (single entry). After the 60 days I was considering spending a month in Cebu, Phil's (First time visitor on an exemption) and then returning to Thailand for a further 30 days visa exempt. What is the feasibility of purchasing a one way ticket from London to Thailand then pre-booking a return ticket from BKK to Cebu at the same time as purchasing Thailand ticket? Would Immigration/ Airlines accept this? Would I still have to have a ticket to return to the UK after my 30 day visa exempt? Your thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated 1f642.png

Sounds to me like everything should be alright for entering the first time. Wgen you re-enter for another 30 day visa exemp entry, your might need a return ticket within 30 days.
That mean you might be asked and possibly be denied entry. Better to have one, byt you can book that one just before you plan to enter Thailand the second time.

• Like 1

It is more likely the airline from the Philippines to here asking to see a ticket out within 30 days of arrival than immigration.

If needed a low cost one way ticket to any nearby country would be accepted.

• Like 1

I just have a question about this airline asking for return ticket i keep seeing in different posts. I traveled to Brazil many, many times in the past. At the time, you needed a Brazil Visa even for 1 day. They relaxed the rules now. But when I was going you needed the Visa, with the rules similar to Thailand, days limit etc.... Well anyway, many times I just flew in on a 1 way ticket, The airline would obviously know this at check in, I never once got asked where my return ticket is. Is this just Asian region thing?, Its odd I thought.

1 hour ago, joez said:

Is this just Asian region thing?,

No

It depends upon each countries requirements for entry. For most countries if you have valid visa to use for entry a return or onward ticket is not required.  If entering visa exempt most will want a ticket out of the country.

Thailand does not require a return or on onward if you have a visa for entry. If entering without a visa to get a visa exempt entry it is required within 30 days of arrival.

• Like 1

I get that, the insinuation is the airline itself on the originating flight will not let you on without an onward ticket. May or may not, i guess its hit or miss if the catch it. I was just saying with the Brazil Visa the airline would definitely scrutinize the visa and clearly not let me on the plane if it wasn't valid. But they never asked for a return ticket to make sure I was leaving within the required amount of days. Its irrelevant i guess, Just something I was wondering about, I didn't want to get stuck one time, would be my luck.

Why not book a return ticket to BKK from the UK with the return dated say 28 days after you enter Thailand on the visa exempt? Sometimes the return is not double the single. ( unless your using and award ticket for the one way). Check with the airline in the UK, that will accept the BKK-CEB return as having and onward ticket, for the end of the tourist visa in Thailand.

Some of the one ways are quite pricey, I needed a one way to balance off a one way award ticket, I had used earlier. Best I could get was a BA/THAI combo, for Sept, but still at least 60% of the cost of a return on my normal route, booked well in advance.