Traveling with Cancelled Passport

Can I travel domestic or foreign on an airline with a passport (that's punched) that hasn't been transferred to a new one yet? I have the new passport.
No

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

You would show both passports if needed to prove your permit stay in the country when leaving the country. Immigration on departure will transfer you entry stamp to the new one amd stamp you out of the country.

Airlines and security normally for domestic flights only look at your photo page for identification purposes so you you could use only your new one for that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

No

You sure about that. Its few years back but I'm pretty sure I traveled Saigon with new passport and my old punched passport with my reentry permit. No problem. As for domestic you can use car license.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You sure about that. Its few years back but I'm pretty sure I traveled Saigon with new passport and my old punched passport with my reentry permit. No problem. As for domestic you can use car license.
TIT. I was refused 2 years ago. So maybe yes. Maybe no. I personally would not take the risk.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, ToddinChonburi said:

You are suppose to go to immigration as soon as you receive your new passport to transfer visa.

I went to CW few years back when I obtained a new passport to transfer my reentry permit. Visas are not transfered so it was just the reentry permit. They refused because my reentry permit was issued at DM airport. Upon my next trip out at DM they told me travel with both passports. After the next extension was obtained I got a new reentry permit when I flew out.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, DrJack54 said:

You sure about that. Its few years back but I'm pretty sure I traveled Saigon with new passport and my old punched passport with my reentry permit. No problem. As for domestic you can use 

With an existing visa, showing both passports on exit will probably work. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

I recently got a new passport on a trip back home. Entered Thailand on my new passport showing my marriage visa and reentry permit in my old passport. Visited immigration two days later and in 30  minutes had all my visa's entered into my new passport free of charge.

Edited by thaikiwi53