Udon Thani Visa renewal.

Renewed my retirement visa today (800k in bank), in and out in 25 minutes, which included getting a multiple re-entry & an additional visit to 90 day report desk, so no complaints there. The visit to the 90 day desk was new to me, after getting new visa stamped in PP. - actually makes sense. 

I was told about the new rules, regarding keeping balance at 800k for three months, I asked if I needed to bring bank book for 90 day visit, I was told "no, maybe we will check next year!"

• Like 1

We know what you mean, and your report is useful. However, make sure you understand the difference between a visa, and an extension of your permission to stay (which is what you were actually reporting). Not knowing the difference can lead to mistakes and issues down the road.

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I'm sure they will, be sure to keep your bank book updated over the next 3 months.

I never use that money - that will be part of my wife's inheritance! if I did I would get screwed up for sure!

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

We know what you mean, and your report is useful. However, make sure you understand the difference between a visa, and an extension of your permission to stay (which is what you were actually reporting). Not knowing the difference can lead to mistakes and issues down the road.

Thanks - I knew someone would have to point this out ????