How much does 1 watt LED LIGHT costs for 24 hours ?

myjawe

How much does 1 watt LED LIGHT costs for 24 hours ?

hello,

can you tell me how to calculate the cost in Thailand of 1 watt LED LIGHT ? And maybe 5 watts ? 

I do not worry about the cost for one 1 watt bulb, but we might have to install hundreds.

Thank you for your help.

1000 Watts = 1 kW, power unit measure is kW per hour aka kWh, so 1000 1 watt led's will consume 1 unit per hour ????
About average electricity per unit is 3.8-4.4฿ so 1000 leds would cost that per hour.

One unit of electricity is 1,000 Watt/Hour, so a single 1W lamp will get you 1,000 hours of use for 1 unit.

I believe that the cost of 1 unit of electricity varies across the country according to how much power you use, whether you are a domestic user or a business, and other factors.

The price of 1 unit should be on your electricity bill.

Should be easy to calculate the cost from that information.

24/1000 x Watts x Cost of 1 unit

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

LED is the only way to go. I replaced every bulb and fixture in my home with LED. Not only is the light far more pleasant, the cost is so much lower. And since the bulbs last so long, you can take them with you, if you leave.

LED lighting from a human perspective is not the best type of lighting, the old incandescent is far better as full spectrum, research it if you are interested.

They are indeed supposed to last longer, though the ones I have (Philips) are not supporting that supposed fact, advertisers lies again?

16 hours ago, CGW said:

LED lighting from a human perspective is not the best type of lighting, the old incandescent is far better as full spectrum, research it if you are interested.

They are indeed supposed to last longer, though the ones I have (Philips) are not supporting that supposed fact, advertisers lies again?

Sometimes my eyes, ears and brain are far better at detecting truth, reality, and perceiving things, than that which is learned with research. I use my gut, and my intuition alot. After many years of usage, I consider LED to be wonderful, amazing, and economical. I love it! And I have some LED bulbs I have been using daily for many years now. I hate incandescent lighting. Does not hold a candle to LED, and is infinitely more expensive.

However, the PEA does issue awards to citizens who continue to use incandescent. It keeps them in business. 

People buy high color temperature “cool” lights, and (at least for fair complexion people) the light is miserable. Buy 2800K bulbs for home that can dim down to at least 10%, but ideally 1%. Some people like bright spaces, some prefer dim, and it is time dependent. Try to look at the CRI value, and go for >90. Do that and LED bulbs are great. The bargain bin will leave you disappointed. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I use my gut, and my intuition alot.

Be nice if our intuition was always correct, despite overwhelming evidence against it, be able to eat what we desired rather than what is healthy! ???? 

Hardly scientific fact but ... everything I ever have bought made by Philips only lasted .. just a little bit longer than the warranty period .... Looks like they got optimised design to fail down to an art form .... I never buy anything made by them :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Archived