May tells Putin to stop destabilising activities - spokeswoman

rooster59

May tells Putin to stop destabilising activities - spokeswoman

2019-06-28T183248Z_1_LYNXNPEF5R1V3_RTROPTP_4_G20-SUMMIT-PUTIN-MAY.JPG

Russian President Vladimir Putin and British Prime Minister Theresa May shake hands during their meeting on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Osaka, Japan June 28, 2019. Pool via REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Theresa May told President Vladimir Putin on Friday that their countries can only have a different relationship if Russia stops the behaviour that threatens to undermine international security, her spokeswoman said.

May also Putin to hand over the Russia suspects Britain blames for poisoning a former double agent and his daughter with a nerve agent in Salisbury, southern England last year.

"She told the president that there cannot be a normalisation of our bilateral relationship until Russia stops the irresponsible and destabilising activity that threatens the UK and its allies," the spokeswoman said.

"The prime minister said that the use of a deadly nerve agent on the streets of Salisbury formed part of a wider pattern of unacceptable behaviour and was a truly despicable act."

(Reporting By Andrew MacAskill; editing by Stephen Addison)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-06-29

Just now, sammieuk1 said:

She could have at least stuck the nut on him in the name of the forgotten victim Dawn Sturgess and the tens of millions of damage caused to Salisbury ????

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if she accused him of rape in a department store changing room in an effort to stay relevant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

She could have at least stuck the nut on him in the name of the forgotten victim Dawn Sturgess and the tens of millions of damage caused to Salisbury ????

So you are advocating violence. That might be a trait in politics from your neck of the woods but we don't do that along with knee capping and punishment beatings.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you are advocating violence. That might be a trait in politics from your neck of the woods but we don't do that along with knee capping and punishment beatings.

Yes in this case and she could have had the opportunity to be remembered for getting one thing right????

• Like 2

Salisbury was despicable. 'Destabilising activities' - what does she mean? Support for the democratic majority and referendum result, or something against the political elite which is undermining the country? Surely not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sammieuk1 said:

Yes in this case and she could have had the opportunity to be remembered for getting one thing right????

Well we differ on this and many other issues. You will be wanting to see Mary MacDonald and Arlene Foster having a 'straightner' then I guess.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well we differ on this and many other issues. You will be wanting to see Mary MacDonald and Arlene Foster having a 'straightner' then I guess.

No idea what your talking about but releasing a weapons grade nerve agent on a quite UK city wont be forgotten by us Wiltshire peps ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Look at that, just 17 years ago, and Britain was still British. You can watch the video and say "That is England". Old 2 jags does move fast for such a portly chap.

Wales actually.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Good for her President Trump Just kisses his ass 

And invites him to continue doing it. "I'd look at it..... I've never called the FBI in my life"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BestB said:

I believe photo speaks 1000 words. May with a sad dissatisfied face and Putin with a smirk and a sly smile. 

Speaks volume who is the one with half a brain 

How so?

9 hours ago, BestB said:

I believe photo speaks 1000 words. May with a sad dissatisfied face and Putin with a smirk and a sly smile. 

Speaks volume who is the one with half a brain 

Are you reading the picture, or are you projecting your own disdain/admiration onto it?

• Like 2