Refused treatment at BK Pattaya Hospital

Crazycrawler

It's purely a cash maker tacked onto every visit

Gets annoying when you go 3 days in a row for petty follow up talks and have to sit through it each time

That's the luxury world of insurance or privelige, take your pick..........

Back on topic, they never actually refused you, you refused them......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

I have visited dentists in Pattaya and the UK umpteen times. I've never once been asked to have a BP test.

Where these dentist in a hospital. Blood pressure no big deal the OP ovrt reacted. I like my pressure taken on occassion

27 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Why go to a private hospital that will charge you to the maximum while in the public hospital of the city you will also have good doctors, as many medical materials and a bill can be ten times lower?

I call that stretching the stick to get beaten 

Some people don't like to wait a long time.

One might be surprised at the number of patients that die, every year, visiting a dentist. My Stateside dentist not only had ammonia capsules, he had an AED defibrillator on hand. His was a private practice. Hospitals will often have similar back up.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

How often have you had it calibrated??

never, but the readings I have taken with my machine compare well with the readings I had when my BP was checked in clinics (for Driving Licence) and at the hospital, for a minor ear inflection.  It was a relatively expensive machine, bought in the UK , so I am happy that it gives me the right trending data.  

Posters of "I refused the treatment" not quite correct, there is NO correlation associated with Blood Pressure and having a simple x-ray as quoted by the medical Journal published in 1992.

Frankly this is just a scam.... Why was I not asked to undergo the same procedure at Pattaya International, simply because it is not necessary FACT! 

The requirement at BPH is because of there Insurance coverage.

Therefore the insurance company make it mandatory, so if you refuse to have your BP taken, then they will advise that treatment cannot be given. So its a simple choice, have at it taken if you want BPH treatment, or go elsewhere.

Also there is no charge for taking your BP, as some people have alluded to.

It is strictly mandatory as outlined above, not a scam or a money grab.

20 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I have visited dentists in Pattaya and the UK umpteen times. I've never once been asked to have a BP test.

so why did they ask for it when the guy was at the hospital???

OHHHHHHHHHH we are in THAILAND....I forget......!!!

41 minutes ago, thainet said:

The requirement at BPH is because of there Insurance coverage.

Therefore the insurance company make it mandatory, so if you refuse to have your BP taken, then they will advise that treatment cannot be given. So its a simple choice, have at it taken if you want BPH treatment, or go elsewhere.

Also there is no charge for taking your BP, as some people have alluded to.

It is strictly mandatory as outlined above, not a scam or a money grab.

From memory they also take a quick height and weight as well, no matter where you present in the hospital. As you say its probably more to do with insurance etc, also just starting a file on you if its the first time you present there.

Maybe because the op was presenting for "only" an x-ray, ie: someone else is treating the op for an unknown condition.

The only rule this hospital has is make money,as much as it can,fake it,steal it just get it   "Blood pressure testing?" sure..."hang on a minute Sir" ,"may I take it again","something is wrong,please see the doctor immediately"      Yeah right,bugger off

OP, I think your question is quite funny. It's like bringing your car to a garage to get it fixed, but you refuse to let them check your engine oil because you might think that could be more expensive.

What would happen to a doctor if you'd collapse while doing a dental x-ray just because your blood pressure is way too high?

And blaming a hospital for trying to check your blood pressure before doing anything else is ripe for an award. Choose one, please.

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

OP, I think your question is quite funny. It's like bringing your car to a garage to get it fixed, but you refuse to let them check your engine oil because you might think that could be more expensive.

I don't expect them to inspect the engine oil if I want my flat tire fixed.

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

In  all fairness, compared to walking into a uk dentist for just an x-ray that seems cheap - with the BPT thrown in

Depends which way the wind was blowing,could well be in other direction  many xxx 000 then

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Like i said, hospitals have different rules. 

of cause, this is why BH is a good investment but not necessarily good for patients purse. Their shares are outlined in gold...

45 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

In  all fairness, compared to walking into a uk dentist for just an x-ray that seems cheap - with the BPT thrown in

maybe, but do not forget that we are living in Thailand...

It may well be not because he refused  but how he refused.

have seen plenty of VIP foreigner go off their dial when things are not how they want.

one could say he does not want this or that and one can do the same thing with a foul mouth, in which case easier just to send them off.

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

so why did they ask for it when the guy was at the hospital???

OHHHHHHHHHH we are in THAILAND....I forget......!!!

Normal procedure at hospitals world over.

2 hours ago, oxysong said:

The only rule this hospital has is make money,as much as it can,fake it,steal it just get it   "Blood pressure testing?" sure..."hang on a minute Sir" ,"may I take it again","something is wrong,please see the doctor immediately"      Yeah right,bugger off

Ridiculous. When I have mine checked at Bkk/Pattaya hospital it is usually a tad on the high side, they don't rush me off for a transplant or take me to ICU.

Archived