Renew lost driving license?

I would like to renew my 5 year driving license(s) next week and now I just realized I can find only one of them. will they still renew both? they should have it in their system that I have both I guess? 

28 minutes ago, shafty said:

...now I just realized I can find only one of them. will they still renew both?

Probably not, but ask first.

You would most likely need to report that you have lost your DL to the police station, and get a copy of the notification – use to be 20 baht fee – and bring that stamped and signed copy to the Land Transport Office. Not sure if they would re-issue the old DL before you can apply for renewing it, however the fee for re-issuing a DL is acceptable (a few hundred bath).

I talk from experience, as I lost my DL when dancing on the tables at Ark Bar's beach party, and when I realized my DL had fallen out of my breast pocket, it was already high tide, so I had to apply for a new one...????

Two month later, when coming to Ark Bar, they called me from the reception – ?:unsure:? – pointed to their pin board, and asked: »You?«. There I was, my portrait hanging on the pin board, i.e. my lost DL that had already costed me a trip to police, and almost two hundred bath in renewal fee, but what an excellent service, thank you...???? 

–On top of the costs now also finder's tip to the reception staff, they however deserved it...????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Don't know how they handle this in BKK, but in CM it's no problem. No Police report needed.

This is the Samui forum. 

We do have a DLT office here and don't have to go to BKK. ????

I lost my wallet with my DL in it.

Obtained a police report showing that my driving licence was one of the items in the wallet. Went to the DLT office and showed them my passport and the police report.

Had a new photo taken and paid the fee. Sorted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shafty said:

FYI I tried it without the police report and it was no problem. 

So did I, and it was a problem...????

–so a long drive back from Lipa Noi to Bo Phut Police Station in Chaweng Beach, waiting in queue line, but the kind police officer skipped his lunch so everybody could be served with a report...????

• Like 1