Land Allocation Act

I am in the middle of a transaction to buy a villa. Currently overseas,

I have sent a power of attorney (authenticated by embassy and state department) to the attorney in Bangkok. The attorney now says that property must be simultaneiously registered and that I cannot therefore own the villa for some reason due to a clause in the "Land Allocation Act" which the property was acquired by. Since the property is already in separate deed, I believe that the so-called Land Office official is most likely not right or the lawyer are just lying to me which wouldn't surprise me given their incompetence in the matter. Worse yet, it is a prominent international firm.

Can anyone find out what this land allocation act is all about and why it would prohibt me from owning the villa or alternatively, what simultaneous registration of land and villa has to do with anything?

Much thanks.

I am in the middle of a transaction to buy a villa. Currently overseas,

I have sent a power of attorney (authenticated by embassy and state department) to the attorney in Bangkok. The attorney now says that property must be simultaneiously registered and that I cannot therefore own the villa for some reason due to a clause in the "Land Allocation Act" which the property was acquired by. Since the property is already in separate deed, I believe that the so-called Land Office official is most likely not right or the lawyer are just lying to me which wouldn't surprise me given their incompetence in the matter. Worse yet, it is a prominent international firm.

Can anyone find out what this land allocation act is all about and why it would prohibt me from owning the villa or alternatively, what simultaneous registration of land and villa has to do with anything?

Much thanks.

This website has a due diligence checklist when buying in a development. Questions to ask and I read something about land allocation.