Refusal Appeal Sent

That's excellent news, Mike, but don't get swept away by the delight of the moment. Ask yourself why the visas couldn't have been issued when your wife first applied: after all, nothing has changed in the interim. That they are now issuing the visas means that they realise that they haven't got a case, and never had one.

Pursue the buggers and don't let go until you've at least wrung an apology out of them.

Scouse.

That's excellent news, Mike, but don't get swept away by the delight of the moment. Ask yourself why the visas couldn't have been issued when your wife first applied: after all, nothing has changed in the interim. That they are now issuing the visas means that they realise that they haven't got a case, and never had one.

Pursue the buggers and don't let go until you've at least wrung an apology out of them.

Scouse.

Thanks scouse for the quick response will let everybody now the future outcome soon.

Excellent news.

Please do heed Scouser's exhortation to complain about the shoddy treatment meted out by the dullards responsible. Readers may recall that the OP's application was refused on utterly spurious grounds totally devoid of any rationale, a prime example of a petty meanminded incompetent bureaucrat exercising appalling judgement sanctioned by a management bereft of any intelligence.

If the OP can itemise costs involved in having to go this far, is it worth going to the Small Claims Court? You never know, such a ramshackle organisation might not get around to defending it, and it would be rather splendid to march into King Charles Street and help himself to one of their paintings.

Hello to everybody and thanks for your support

Now having spoken to my wife and got the full story i will share it with you all:

My wife received a phone call first thing on tuesday morning from a women at the british embassy who firstly asked her a few questions to confirm her id such as full name date of birth and also are sons details as well, once she had answered these questions the women told her that the Embassy had decided to issue the settlement visas for my wife and son, The women then went on to say due to the time it has taken for them to make this decision my wifes tb certificate has expired(18/01/07)so they would be sending her the new relavant paperwork by post so she can arrange another screening, Then once she has a new tb certificate she has to bring this along with her and are sons passports to the embassy where they will issue the visas.

Spoke to the wife today the paperwork hasn't arrived yet, She will phone the embassy tomorrow if it doesnt show by the morning.

Now having spoken to my wife and got the full story i will share it with you all:

My wife received a phone call first thing on tuesday morning from a women at the british embassy who firstly asked her a few questions to confirm her id such as full name date of birth and also are sons details as well, once she had answered these questions the women told her that the Embassy had decided to issue the settlement visas for my wife and son, The women then went on to say due to the time it has taken for them to make this decision my wifes tb certificate has expired(18/01/07)so they would be sending her the new relavant paperwork by post so she can arrange another screening, Then once she has a new tb certificate she has to bring this along with her and are sons passports to the embassy where they will issue the visas.

Spoke to the wife today the paperwork hasn't arrived yet, She will phone the embassy tomorrow if it doesnt show by the morning.

I take that our wonderful Embassy will pick the tab up for the new TB test?

I think thats the least they can do!

Mark

I think thats the least they can do!

Congrats anyway mikey

Mark

But I doubt it :o

The letter written in thai from the Embassy came today and repeats almost everthing my wife told me over the phone when they called so here goes.

1.You are to undergo a new tb screening-DR name and telephone number enclosed

2.Once you have the new tb certificate this is to handed in with your passports at the Embassy, The Embassy will contact you in 4 - 8 weeks for collection of your passports and visas.

A telephone number and name is also enclosed for further advice but you can only call monday - thursday

Edited by mikeybee

Happy Days are coming and hello to you all, well after a week i have got the first confirmation in black and white to myself from the Embassy so here it is:

Dear Mr Mikeybee

Thank you for your e-mail of 30 July 2007.

The Entry Clearance Manager has reviewed the above names appeal, he decided to overturn the decision. As your wife previous TB Certificate has already expired therefore she has to get a new one. Once completed your wife can bring her passport, new TB Certificate and her son passport to collect a visa from the following address:

Visa Section

British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Bangkok

Please be informed that a letter of confirmation in Thai has been forwarded to your wife address in Khonkaen.

Hope this has clarified your concern.

Yours sincerely,

Ms.

Visa Section

British Embassy Bangkok

Tel : 66 2 30 5 8 333

Fax: 66 2 254 9 579

E-mail: [email protected]

Thankyou for everybodys support and help, now its time to book the flights and go and get my family will drop you all a line when i return in october, anybody going to be out in los in sept maybe meet up for a few drinks!!!!!!

thanks again

Edited by mikeybee

We are supposed to have a system where the Entry Clearance Manager reviews such refusals to see they are correct.

When you have time i would push the Embassey to explain why , as it was won so easily on appeal, why the ECM didn't overturn it on the day and why the ECM didn't overturn it when you applealed to the ECM to do so after the refusal.

The reason of course is the system of review by the ECM is a farce . It needs changing so that the refusal really IS reviewed not just rubber stamped. You have been put through a HUGE amount of anguish and expense just to get what you should have got in the first place.

The safeguards that are supposed to stop this didn't ... you need to know why.

Whereas I don't disagree with your sentiments, the decision to overturn the refusal and issue the visa was made by the ECM prior to the appeal being heard. The question in this instance is why it took four/five months for the matter to be reviewed by the ECM.

If he realised that the ECO had no case and the appeal was bound to succeed, then surely he realised that when the application was originally refused?

Scouse.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

my wifes visa refusal is almost an exact mirror image of mikeybee's case. Except the letter from my employer was taken out of context. For £530 I do not see why a telephone call to the employer could not have been made. The decision is beyound belief. Do you know if mikeybee lodged his appeal in Bkk or the U.K.

My wife and I have been together for 2.5 years and married for 1.5 years. We have a 10 month old Daughter. My wife has just returned from the uk after a 6 month visit. We have not been apart for the last year.

If we lodge our appeal in BKK is there a chance the ECO will reverse the decision.

I'm desperate here. I can not bear to be seperated from my wife and Daughter. I will miss her first steps and first Birthday.

Any help Please!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again to everyone well today i'am over the moon i'am sitting in england with the sun shinning with my son and wife by my side, so a big thanks to everybody again for there support and will try and help enybody else who has to go through this process.

thanks

mikeybee and family

Pipstar sent me a PM to say that his wife has been issued with a visa following representations to the embassy.

Scouse.

:D:o:D:D:bah::D:bah:

Hi Scouse and Mikeybee,

yeah, after a very long 2 weeks of calling and sending emails to the UK Embassy the ECO decided to issue my wife with her visa. I still can't believe it. Not until we're all shivering back in England.

Thai Visa Forum has been a great help. A big thank you to the scouse too!

Mikeybee, did you ever receive any kind of appology?

Pipstar.