Boy, 5, Killed But Mother Survives Knife Attack

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible Murder by totally Wicked and Jealous fool….

This must be absolutely hel_l for the Australian Husband who is still in Oz, Mother & son had only been in Thailand 5 days, and have been living in Australia 5 years

There are some very evil people in this World

Hopefully the Mother will pull thro

RIP

My condolences to the family. I shudder at the thought of one of my children being hurt by a madman such as this. In my opinion there is no wrongdoing that justifies such acts toward children.

No name given in khaosot.co.th, but as you say there was a photo.

I can’t even try to understand how the Father must be feeling…that must be the worst phone call ever

The report was that Mother & son were only back in Thailand as her mother had been taken ill

It sounds like the Thai ex-boyfriend decided to kill the child because it was a Farang. I don't think he would have done this if it was a 100% Thai child.

This is a disgraceful hate crime which unfortunately is on the rise in this country.

As has been asked many times on this forum, can we have a section that can track results of these cases?

Sounds like many posters have tried and convicted a Thai man based on a few words of hearsay and very little substance. :o

According to the Thai Rath paper online, the mother is awake and has not identified the exboyfriend as her attacker.

It sounds like the Thai ex-boyfriend decided to kill the child because it was a Farang. I don't think he would have done this if it was a 100% Thai child.

This is a disgraceful hate crime which unfortunately is on the rise in this country.

As has been asked many times on this forum, can we have a section that can track results of these cases?

Let's see, what we know so far from the news is that a woman was seriously injured and her luk-kreung child was killled, possibly by her Thai ex-boyfriend. From that little bit of info Sherlock Holmes here lets us know that:

1. The child was killed because he was part farang;

2. The child would not have been killed if he was 100% Thai;

3. This is evidence of another 'hate crime' in Thailand.

Not sure if you have plans to continue in the crime solving business or not, but if I were you I wouldn't quit my day job just yet.

As usual the Thai police put out statements diverting away from the truth. as with the two russian women killed in Pattaya at first they said it was a westerner due to height at shoe print size found at the scene. then they arrest a Thai. here they are saying ex boyfriend probably. they know if they can gloss over things for a few days other news takes over and the heat goes away from the story. this is another brutal murder on Samui that the locals will try and keep as quite as possible as always. i use the term gloss over as people will not be so worried if the story is the killer was known to the family instead of it being a break in and terrible murder.

the amount of violent crime on the island is increasing daily, rape murder robbery allcommon place around the world i know but in the last 3 months i knew somebody who was murdered also somebody who ws raped and numeous people who have been robbed.

only when the foriegn media start on about how bad Samui is do the police do anything.

earlier post asked about follow ups, well the follow up to the rape story posted a few eeks ago is that the police arrested two illegal foreign workers in a camp near the attack. to many of these workers from Laos Cambodia et etc here commiting crime now and nothing happens.

as earlier reply said everybody is going along with ex boyfriend story yet the papar report does not say this what happened, this is what the police are saying. seems strange if the victim was out of the country for 5 years and back for just a few days that ex boyfriend not even from Samui just turns up. hopefully the truth will out and if it was another vicious crime here it gets reported correctly.

i doubt very much the fact that the child was not 100% Thai made a differnce, been here 8 years and do not feel any hate from Thais, i do however feel the place is far more dangerous from common crimminals from other countries around Thailand.

Poor little sod. 5 years old. Im gutted for the wee fella, and cant imagine what the parents are going through. What a terrible way for a 5 year old boy to go.

I am convinced there are certain crimes that are not influenced by corrpution, bent coppers and connected fammilys. I sincerely hope this is one of those cases - catch this scum at all costs, regardless. I sure hope so.

Poor little sod. 5 years old. Im gutted for the wee fella, and cant imagine what the parents are going through. What a terrible way for a 5 year old boy to go.

I am convinced there are certain crimes that are not influenced by corrpution, bent coppers and connected fammilys. I sincerely hope this is one of those cases - catch this scum at all costs, regardless. I sure hope so.

Agree, this twisted person, that can snuff out the life of a innocent child, needs to be arrested as soon as possible. Hope the mother is getting better. May peace be with him and the rest of the family. Sorry for such a tragic lose.

I think I speak for all of Samui.

Edited by SamuiJens

Let's see, what we know so far from the news is that a woman was seriously injured and her luk-kreung child was killled, possibly by her Thai ex-boyfriend. From that little bit of info Sherlock Holmes here lets us know that:

1. The child was killed because he was part farang;

2. The child would not have been killed if he was 100% Thai;

3. This is evidence of another 'hate crime' in Thailand.

Not sure if you have plans to continue in the crime solving business or not, but if I were you I wouldn't quit my day job just yet.

Well if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ............. it's usually a duck.

Let's keep an eye on this case and see if I'm right.

It's important that these people are caught and made an example of so hopefully a terrible crime like this wont happen again.

We don't hear too much about what happens to these criminals (who are doing this sort of thing in Thailand on a daily basis). Perhaps if there was more coverage of the trial/punishments it would be a deterrent.

Hecky,

According to Thairath, the attacker spoke Southern Thai. Apparently she couldn't she his face since she was attacked from behind.....?

dqoz,

definately keep that day job at hand.

Horrendous. Why is this story not on the main news page? It should be, people need to know, especially people with half thai kids themselves. This is a disgrace to the Nation. My thoughts are with the family.

So much for the new nationalist sentiment, what a load of backward b*****ks. Nationalism=breeding hatred, in any culture.

I agree to a degree that many Thai's in general, are not overly fond of us. I am not suggetsing they hate us i should stress - just my opinion that in general, they would prefer we were not here. But to the degree where they would willingly mutilate a 5 year old boy? I dont think so. Surely not.

Who knows at this stage why he was killed. I doubt it was a race hate killing though. I cant see that for a second.

I feel sorry for the Husband being so far away and maybe no one to call to get info. This case is sad but a fact of life on Samui or any where in Thailand buy the local thai paper and you will see pictures of children murdered or girls raped. Samui is getting a bit more dangerous it's time to buy a bigger dog and build a fence.

I feel sorry for the Husband being so far away and maybe no one to call to get info. This case is sad but a fact of life on Samui or any where in Thailand buy the local thai paper and you will see pictures of children murdered or girls raped. Samui is getting a bit more dangerous it's time to buy a bigger dog and build a fence.

Or leave.

Apparently, the father is not Australian but Austrian.

News.com.au:

AUSTRALIAN officials say a young boy brutally murdered in Thailand was Thai-Austrian, not Thai-Australian as media reports said.

Australian diplomatic officials alerted to the case said their investigations had shown the boy was not a dual Thai-Australian citizen.

The boy was murdered, and his mother severely injured in an attack on the Thai holiday island of Koh Samui.

Police said the boy and his Thai mother were sitting at the rear of a house when they were attacked on Tuesday.

The boy's throat was slashed during the attack, and he was also stabbed several times. The woman also suffered wounds to her throat.

The mother is recovering in a Koh Samui hospital and has been able to give a description of her son's killer

News.com.au:

AUSTRALIAN officials say a young boy brutally murdered in Thailand was Thai-Austrian, not Thai-Australian as media reports said.

Australian diplomatic officials alerted to the case said their investigations had shown the boy was not a dual Thai-Australian citizen.

The boy was murdered, and his mother severely injured in an attack on the Thai holiday island of Koh Samui.

Police said the boy and his Thai mother were sitting at the rear of a house when they were attacked on Tuesday.

The boy's throat was slashed during the attack, and he was also stabbed several times. The woman also suffered wounds to her throat.

The mother is recovering in a Koh Samui hospital and has been able to give a description of her son's killer

doesnt matter where the fathers from his grief must be is unbearable everyone should look in on there sons or daughters give them a big kiss and a cuddle and thank god budda whatever its not you take moment out of your day to brighten there day this sickens me to the core and i think all people around the world this is unforgiveable and the thai police should pull out all the stops and catch this animal at all stops and if i hear hes been unfairly treated in custody i will feel slightly better .. to the father my thoughts are with you ........

News.com.au:

doesnt matter where the fathers from his grief must be is unbearable everyone should look in on there sons or daughters give them a big kiss and a cuddle and thank god budda whatever its not you take moment out of your day to brighten there day this sickens me to the core and i think all people around the world this is unforgiveable and the thai police should pull out all the stops and catch this animal at all stops and if i hear hes been unfairly treated in custody i will feel slightly better .. to the father my thoughts are with you ........

Just posting accurate information instead of hearsay, rumor, innuendo and just plain BS as some posters have done.

This very sad story was in the Nation today. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/03/14...al_30029226.php

Heard about it last night already but didn't want to post any hear say stories. Very sad.

Absolutely terrible to read about, and so sorry for the whole family...A 5 year old boy..Totally shocked.

I am the father of an 8 year old half thai half farang boy, living on Samui..Have been here 3 years, and never seen any animosity or jealousy from Thai people...However, the number of murders, shootings, road traffic deaths and serious accidents, coupled with some very shady charachters coming to live here is slowly edging me towards packing up and returning to the rat race back in Britain....Nothing is worth more than the life of a child, and the complete failure of the police here to do anything to offer us a secure environment to live in is beyond a joke...They are too busy arresting unlicenced hawkers at the beach, or pulling over and fining motorbike riders.

It seems only when they are shamed, that the Thai authorities make an effort, and even then its only for the short term..

Sincere condolances to all of the family of the bereaved, and those speculating should show a little more respect...The police here will undoubtedly get their man, but will it be the right man? I have reservations.

Hecky,

According to Thairath, the attacker spoke Southern Thai. Apparently she couldn't she his face since she was attacked from behind.....?

dqoz,

definately keep that day job at hand.

not sure what you mean, your op had a link to the nation newspaper. i do not see where it says attacker spoke southern Thai, the article states the attacker sneaked into the house from the back does not say anything about being attacked from behind. i based my comments on your OP link.

i do not know why users of this forum always like to have ago at people who put posts on here, what do you mean about the day job? this is not a post that should turn into the ususal slanging match.