Video: Police think this kind of road rage is only worth a fine

webfact

13 hours ago, connda said:

Which is why road rage in Thailand will never stop.  No consequences for bad behavior.  But throw people in jail for years for chewing kratom.  <laughs>

Or playing darts or bridge?

It is a misdemeanor crime of Vandalism.

No person was physically assaulted or harmed.

Yes, a fine would generally be the same penalty in many western countries.

Edited by bkk6060

22 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Water pistol filled up with water that’s been boiled up with loads of chillies.... quick blast to the face.

That's probably how the little thug celebrates Songkran.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

he got out with a baseball bat and started smashing up the pick-up.

There seems to be a lot of baseball bats used in this country yet I have never heard of or seen anyone playing baseball.  Perhaps the bats are imported to be used as weapons.

35 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

There seems to be a lot of baseball bats used in this country yet I have never heard of or seen anyone playing baseball.  Perhaps the bats are imported to be used as weapons.

You can buy them in Decathlon, about 1,600 baht each. They have gloves (mitts?) and balls too. They also stock cricket bats, oddly. Although I think cricket is played here sometimes.

25 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

You can buy them in Decathlon, about 1,600 baht each. They have gloves (mitts?) and balls too. They also stock cricket bats, oddly. Although I think cricket is played here sometimes.

They also stock shooting sticks and a few other surprising items. 

If it is just going to be used to thwack the drunk neighbour over the head, I would suggest saving on the 1600 baht and looking in Buakhao market.

And to think the other week there was public uproar hear in the UK when road rage killer Kenneth Noye was released after serving only 19 years...

I suspect the pickup driver is thinking why did he waste his time reporting the incident.