Nokia to launch newest smartphones in Thailand, including one with five cameras

Nokia to launch newest smartphones in Thailand, including one with five cameras

By The Nation

800_55eecc4930b32dc.jpg

HMD Global, the Finnish firm that sells Nokia phones, on Tuesday announced it was launching four new Android smartphones in Thailand, including Nokia 9 PureView – the world’s first smartphone with five cameras.

The models – ranging from Nokia 9 PureView to Nokia 2.2 – offer the latest AI innovations at a price everybody can afford.

The Nokia 9 PureView features the world’s first five-camera array with ZEISS Optics that puts next-generation imaging technology in the hands of photography enthusiasts. Every picture taken on this phone is in HDR, with the five cameras simultaneously capturing the image and fusing it together into a 12MP photo with outstanding dynamic range and depth. 

Designed with the needs of photography enthusiasts in mind, the Nokia 9 PureView also features the ability to capture images in uncompressed RAW DNG format, so they can be edited directly on the phone thanks to Nokia’s partnership with Adobe Lightroom. 

It is said that 50 per cent of the art of photography is in the post-production stage, and Nokia 9 PureView gives photography enthusiasts every opportunity to shine.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/business/30372171

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-02

39 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Nokia 9 PureView – the world’s first smartphone with five cameras.

It's what no self-respecting nerd will want to miss.

But they still haven't managed to build one which cooks eggs and washes the dishes afterwards. Or will that lunch launch next week?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's what no self-respecting nerd will want to miss.

But they still haven't managed to build one which cooks eggs and washes the dishes afterwards. Or will that lunch launch next week?

Still waiting for one that can make decent coffee.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Every picture taken on this phone is in HDR, with the five cameras simultaneously capturing the image and fusing it together into a 12MP photo with outstanding dynamic range and depth. 

and then you will need automatic software to smooth out all those pimples and wrinkles that were so outstandingly captured, or else the Thais won't buy it.

I may just hate it because I was scammed when buying it. It is a cheap model Nokia 2 but it's main problem is it is low on memory so it is very slow. You push a command and there is several seconds delay before it reacts. It is also very low on storage memory so I can not fit many apps and even though I have an SD card I can't transfer anything to it. The camera is always out of focus and whatever I try it is virtually unusable. I can't seem to turn off the autocorrect on the keyboard so it always corrects me wrongly. Some of this may be operator issues but I have had alot of phones over the years and can usually find my way around them. Even if they are trying to give value for money a smartphone which operates slow because of low memory is unforgivable. I bought my wife a Samsung J4 for 4500b. Is great.

It would be of interest to many if you could elaborate. Cheers.

Sent from my Nokia 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

How does biggest and best mobile phone maker go to bottom

of the list with such a fast speed ?

were execs asleep or totally blind to see what was happening ?

Apparently Mic Rosoft effed it up majorly ...

Quote:  > ... Microsoft thought that its deep pockets, paired with Nokia’s near universal brand recognition, could withstand the forces of Apple and Google. It hoped it could carve a self-sustaining niche in the highly competitive smartphone world.

It was sorely mistaken.

Microsoft ended up billions out of pocket, and thousands of tech workers — many located in Finland — lost their jobs. Although the Nokia smartphone brand lives on, it’s in a much more diminished form, with devices being built by a company that paid to license the name. ... <

Source:  https://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2018/09/03/five-years-ago-microsoft-bought-nokias-smartphone-business/   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It is said that 50 per cent of the art of photography is in the post-production stage,

People who spend half of their time with post processing photos are not interested in a Nokia!

People are waiting to get more optical zoom range and better low light pics, which Huawei understood and is leading the mobile photography market.

Nokia is dead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I have a Nokia 6.1 Plus and it's a good phone. Does everything I need and cost a fraction of the flagship models from the major players...

I have been using a Nokia 6 model for almost two years, it's not perfect but it is certainly excellent value for money. Would never buy one of these overpriced (name of a fruit) phones!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, khunano said:

I have been using a Nokia 6 model for almost two years, it's not perfect but it is certainly excellent value for money. Would never buy one of these overpriced (name of a fruit) phones!

What some folks don't seem to understand is that some of us only use a mobile as a phone. And don't need all the trimmings that some have.

You can play games take snaps and get most of the things that the top of the range ones do, what else do you need.

I had to get one that had Blue tooth for the car and a duel sim. Had a poke around and the only one that worked fine in my Lump was a Nokia, (The fruit one at nearly 20th bht wouldn't work well. And yes the shop did try it) Battery also last a long time around 10+ days (And it's on 24/7) Cost 4.250b.

Must say that if you want an all singing all dancing phone that has a half eaten fruit on the back allowing you to pose, you will have to pay many thousands more. If it's ok with you I'll stick to my cheap crap Nokia.  

• Like 1