4th of July celebrations in Pattaya/Jomtien?

soistalker

failed you history exam then, still a lot of Thais know jack shit about the Roman Empire, or the Japs living in their country. lol in fact anything to do with world history. do they teach any history in Thai schools ??

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

failed you history exam then, still a lot of Thais know jack shit about the Roman Empire, or the Japs living in their country. lol in fact anything to do with world history. do they teach any history in Thai schools ??

only Thai history ...

I'm not from that part of the world but I think it's celebrating about 243 yrs. of Independence. Sad (my thoughts only) that this is where it has ended up....ill-treatment of thousands of adults and children at it's southern border.

21 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I'm not from that part of the world but I think it's celebrating about 243 yrs. of Independence. Sad (my thoughts only) that this is where it has ended up....ill-treatment of thousands of adults and children at it's southern border.

You mean men and women trying to illegally enter the border? Many of them have a child with them that isn't theirs, because they get fast tracked through the process as a family. Human f@%king trafficking. 

You are a simple one.

30 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

IF thousands of illegal immigrants came to your country, I'd bet the would be some "....ill-treatment..." too.  What is this this place coming to?  The US should PAY for illegals?... while, after serving over 20 years in the US military I pay (a small amount, but I still PAY for it) for insurance and other benefits that I earned.  

I do have apathy for poor states that cannot sustain their citizens like the US.....BUT it ends there.  Watch Saving Private Ryan.....EARN IT. 

3 hours ago, Dario said:

only Thai history ...

Honest to gawd, I had a friend who used to teach geography here. When asked to draw a map of the WORLD, students would draw a map of Thailand. No matter how hard he tried to get them to understand there were other places in the world, their mindset is "only Thailand exists."

4 minutes ago, quandow said:

Honest to gawd, I had a friend who used to teach geography here. When asked to draw a map of the WORLD, students would draw a map of Thailand. No matter how hard he tried to get them to understand there were other places in the world, their mindset is "only Thailand exists."

Bigoted nonsense.  Every classroom has a globe, map of the world and pictures of famous men from all over the world.  

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

From 2010 to 2017 there were 4.6 million "Legal" immigrants allowed in the USA. If you want to come to the USA do it legally and wait in line like most every one else does. Sad that some people think that laws do not apply to them.

25 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Bigoted nonsense.  Every classroom has a globe, map of the world and pictures of famous men from all over the world.  

You obviously WEREN'T there in the classroom. You remember to take your meds today?

41 minutes ago, quandow said:

You obviously WEREN'T there in the classroom. You remember to take your meds today?

I've been in hundreds of Thai classrooms and they all had the famous man and maps of the world posters it's SOP.  Talk when you have some real knowledge of what you are speaking.  

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I'm sorry if their home countries cannot provide them with good jobs ,health care , ect. however the US cannot just let every poor person into the country  looking for a better life. Have nothing against immigration , my father grandfather and uncles emmigraated to the us, took my father almost 10 years to pass his citizenship test. Now  they figure if they can sneak accross the border they have to be given food stamps so they won't starve , have to provide schooling and free meals to their kids, housing ,healthcare , drivers liscense and can vote in some local elections. Rights other immigrants had to earn. The US cannot support all those who would like to live there.   Does Thailand let Burmese, Cambodians or any other group just sneak across the border without repercusions?

13 hours ago, cranki said:

Why is the 4th of July of any significance ?

It's the day that the colonies in what was to become the United States declared their independence from Great Britain.  The war lasted until 1783 when the British were defeated and the United States became an independent nation.  

I think the US celebrated early by defeating England in the women's world cup on Tuesday.

4 hours ago, quandow said:

FIND A COUNTRY   not only Thailand...lol

PS: Click on "FIND A COUNTRY" above....it's a link (thought I should add that considering the targeted audience)

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Bigoted nonsense.  Every classroom has

seeing a globe won’t  teach about it... In China more than a few 

people in 20-30s asked where I lived before coming there...

Los Angeles California... the puzzled look on their face made

me ask do you know where that is? No not even where California 

was..

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I'm sorry if their home countries cannot provide them with good jobs ,health care , ect. however the US cannot just let every poor person into the country  looking for a better life. Have nothing against immigration , my father grandfather and uncles emmigraated to the us, took my father almost 10 years to pass his citizenship test. Now  they figure if they can sneak accross the border they have to be given food stamps so they won't starve , have to provide schooling and free meals to their kids, housing ,healthcare , drivers liscense and can vote in some local elections. Rights other immigrants had to earn. The US cannot support all those who would like to live there.   Does Thailand let Burmese, Cambodians or any other group just sneak across the border without repercusions?

Has someone taken marker pen to the Statue of Liberty and crossed out a lot words?

41 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

seeing a globe won’t  teach about it... In China more than a few 

people in 20-30s asked where I lived before coming there...

Los Angeles California... the puzzled look on their face made

me ask do you know where that is? No not even where California 

was..

Didn't Dubya say it was part of the axis of evil including iraqistan?

@soistalker   Chik-N-Coop Bar always puts on a great (and free!)  BBQ blast to celebrate July 4th.  Ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers are freshly grilled, accompanied by all the traditional sides.   The festivities begin at 5.00 p.m. 

Chik-N-Coop is located in the beer bar complex that runs parallel to Soi Diana between 2nd Road and Soi Buakhao.

Heaven Above on Walking Street and Sexy in the City on Soi 6 also have Independence Day parties.

Evil  

Archived