4th of July celebrations in Pattaya/Jomtien?

soistalker

16 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I'm not from that part of the world but I think it's celebrating about 243 yrs. of Independence. Sad (my thoughts only) that this is where it has ended up....ill-treatment of thousands of adults and children at it's southern border.

Its also ironic that they achieved independence from GB under the reign of George III, known often as mad King George.  Now 243 years later they have their own "Mad Trump". Nothing has changed  ????????

37 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Its also ironic that they achieved independence from GB under the reign of George III, known often as mad King George.  Now 243 years later they have their own "Mad Trump". Nothing has changed  ????????

If by "mad" you mean a booming economy, insanely good stock markets,  lowest unemployment rate for minorities ever....ever, and solid measures to protect us from violent illegals, then Mad it is!

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

If by "mad" you mean a booming economy, insanely good stock markets,  lowest unemployment rate for minorities ever....ever, and solid measures to protect us from violent illegals, then Mad it is!

No I meant "mad" as in the subject of holding innocent children in appalling conditions in Texas holding centers that shocks the world and makes the world realise the anti humanitarian conditions innocent children are now being subjected to due to the madness of your current president.

7 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

When the film The Madness of King George III was shown in the US the III was removed from the title, for fear of the Americans wondering why they hadn't seen the 1st 2 films in the series. Great performances from Helen Mirren and the late Nigel Hawthorne.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:49 AM, cranki said:

Why is the 4th of July of any significance ?

It's as significant as 5th July, 6th July or any other random day of the year to most of us here, and of absolutely no significance in Thailand or to any Thai person.

Archived