What a loss of face! Rolex dealer tells another story after couple pose with half million baht watch

webfact

What a loss of face! Rolex dealer tells another story after couple pose with half million baht watch

8pm.jpg

Caption: Just posing for a picture

A couple had a massive loss of face after posing with a 560,000 baht Rolex watch at a dealers. 

They wanted it to look like they had bought the watch. 

But it wasn't even theirs and no one could prove it was even a real Rolex. 

The man in the couple had boasted online about being connected to the industry so that was why they had the expensive chronometer. Pictures were shared online with the couple basking in the glory of being "rich hi-so" people.

But then the owner of the Rolex dealership "Time Midas 2" had a different tale to tell. 

Nathee Masathianwong said they had not bought the watch at his shop. In fact it wasn't even theirs. 

They had come in with another person who wanted the Rolex repaired. But because the owner did not have an authentication certificate the shop politely refused to service the watch.

Then the couple sat down on a sofa and started taking pictures - Nathee said his staff were being polite and saw no reason to stop them. 

Nathee said that he had taken to social media himself to protect the good name of his shop and that he didn't want the issue to get any bigger than it had. 

Everyone has been in touch and apologized for causing problems, he said.

Source: Sanook

• Haha 2

What a load of rubbish. Anyone that has a nice watch would know that it has a number on the case that would tell you all it's information.

When I have my Breitling serviced, The first thing they do at Pendulum service centre BKK is look up it's history on the internet. Says things like ownership where/when obtained and service history.

Second is charge you a small fortune to service it. 

I remember years ago dating some 'hiso' bird. We were having drinks watching a live band. The waitress near her told her that she liked her shoes. The bird I was dating said something and showed her five fingers. I asked the hiso bird about what they were talking about. She said the waitress said she liked her shoes. She told the waitress they cost 5,000 baht. No one asked how much they cost. 

The need to show off your wealth to anyone, let alone a complete stranger, is vulgar to me. 

• Like 2

My friend sells hi end sunglasses in Bangkok. The buyers want the brand names to be very visible, so they can impress their friends. White skin and hi so number one....

rotten everywhere!

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hang on there will be a general along any minute to jail everyone involved you can set your watch by it???? 

That's  Rolex that was loaned by a friend??

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I remember years ago dating some 'hiso' bird. We were having drinks watching a live band. The waitress near her told her that she liked her shoes. The bird I was dating said something and showed her five fingers. I asked the hiso bird about what they were talking about. She said the waitress said she liked her shoes. She told the waitress they cost 5,000 baht. No one asked how much they cost. 

The need to show off your wealth to anyone, let alone a complete stranger, is vulgar to me. 

Given it was a conversation about shoes, she might have been asking what size, or perhaps how many toes she had on each foot.